7

The next day I convince Zach to take me for a ride on his bike around the island. "And this time, please slow down, so I can actually see the island."

He chuckles to himself as he throws a leg over his seat. "Are you coming?"

I grab my backpack and head over to him. Since the dinosaurs have been acting unusual, we brought a tablet, tranquilizer gun and an actual gun—although I pray that we won't have to use that.

We take a different path than we have before—Zach obviously had been keeping it a secret. I roll my eyes, but decide to move on. We need to start fresh.

We slow down at a small lagoon. There is a waterfall crashing into it loudly. My watch lights up, and I scan the perimeter. I see a family of Parasaurolophuses on the other side of the lagoon from us. They are bending down to drink the water. They straighten their bodies and see us before turning around and walking away slowly. The whole scene is like something out of a movie.

I rest my head on the back of Zach's shoulder

I rest my head on the back of Zach's shoulder. "This is beautiful."

Zach doesn't reply, and his back feels stiff. He definitely seems uncomfortable.

I bring my mouth to his ear and whisper, "Let's go swimming." I pull his earlobe gently between my teeth.

He hesitates before saying, "How can I say no to that?"

We both climb off the bike and head over to the water. I strip down to my bra and underwear and look up to see Zach in his boxer briefs, staring at the waterfall, absorbed in thought. We slowly walk in, holding hands. The water is warm and sends a thrill through me once it reaches my shoulders.

I pull Zach to me and wrap my arms around his neck. "Why are you being so quiet? Tell me what's wrong."

I'm praying that I'm not pushing him to hard. He finally began opening up to me, and I don't want to lose that.

He takes a breath, trying to decide if he will tell me or not. He eventually relents. "You see that cliff up there?" He asks, motioning up to the tall rock cliff adjacent to the waterfall.

I nod, and he continues. "My brother, Grayson, and I jumped off of there." I can tell by his tone that it wasn't for fun. "The Indominus Rex was chasing us. We had to jump. I was terrified, but I had to be strong for Gray. This place just brings back some bad memories. That's all." He shrugs one shoulder, looking up at the cliff.

"Wow. Zach, I'm so sorry. I had no idea. We can go," I say and begin to back away, toward the shore.

Zach wraps his arms around my waist, stopping me. "I have a better idea." He begins kissing my neck, sending mini explosions through me. "Why don't we make a different memory?"