6

We do a good job of avoiding each other after that—which is actually pretty normal for the two of us.

For me, it's become much more important. Anytime I see him, I fight the urge to smash our faces together. Despite my resolutions about moving on and not letting him drag me down any longer, my body is craving his touch.

So the only solution is obviously to stay far, far away from him. It is unfortunate that that is not an option.  We live together, after all.

I'm outside at one of picnic tables reading when my watch face lights up. I hear a rustling in the bushes outside the fence. I instinctively get nervous.

After my encounter with the Compsognathus, Zach admitted that he had turned the electricity to the fence off. Dinosaurs never ventured this close to the coast, so he was attempting to save energy. However, we've been seeing more and more of the small dinosaurs close to camp, so he turned it back on. I know I'm safe...at least...I think I know.

Moving slowly into the clearing I can finally see what was making the noise. It's a Stegosaurus. She sees me, but doesn't seem bothered by my presence. She begins digging in the dirt, looking for food.

After my trip to Jurassic World, I became obsessed with Stegosauruses

After my trip to Jurassic World, I became obsessed with Stegosauruses. I learned what they ate, where they lived, when they lived. It was my Halloween costume that year.

I want to touch her. I want to know exactly what those spines feel like. I know these type of dinosaurs are not aggressive, so I decide to do it. I may never get this chance again.

I quietly walk toward the gate, doing my best to not scare her. I don't take my eyes off of her as I reach my hand up to the latch to let myself out. My hand lands on the padlock. The chains rattle, and the Stegosaurus hears it. She looks at me one more time before slowly returning to the trees, disappearing.

Dammit! I've been here for three months, why is Zach still locking this damn gate?!?

I take a deep breath. I need to calm down. With all the tension--some might say sexual tension-- in the house, it is putting me on edge. The slightest inconveniences have been making my blood boil.

Yesterday, Zach left his shoes in the middle of the floor. I didn't even trip on them. I just saw them there. I threw them, one at a time, at his bedroom door. I thought he was outside, so I was surprised when he opened his door. He looked at the shoes, and then looked at me. He picked them up and shut his door without saying a word--which made me even more mad.

How dare he keep his calm when I am losing it? How dare he stay away from me when all I want is for him to be all over me? How dare he not care about me the way I care about him?

I decide to get back to my book. Maybe it will take my mind off of everything. That doesn't work. As I turn the page, I see someone has written a note in the margin. I would recognize Zach's handwriting anywhere.