Reed900//Habitual Hatred

Warnings// Self Harm Scars, Cursing, Feels
Prompt//Scars

It was a slightly chilled night in July when Nines found out why Gavin always wore a jacket. He had snapped out of idle mode without the man's presence beside him. Sitting up quickly he glanced around only to almost sigh in relief when he saw the detective perched in the bedroom window with a lit stick of tobacco between his lips.

"That's a filthy habit," he sighed aloud LED spinning yellow as he tried to find safe alternatives briefly stopping at something known as Vaping which seemed to have been popular in the detective's youth.

"Did I wake you up, tin can?" Gavin questioned breathing out a puff of white smoke as the taller came to stand next to them. He spotted Dipshit, Gavin's old calico, balanced on the rail of the fire escape.

"I do not sleep, detective," he admonished reaching to scratch the feline on its head. The animal purred as Reed attempted to wave him away. Only the motion brought the machine's attention to the man's exposed forearm, "That's a horrible habit".

"I heard you the first- oh," the man cut himself off when he saw the way Nines was looking at his arm. The limb looked like a war zone. Raised slices like graves and bumpy burn circles like the landings of a canon littered the exposed skin in a slightly lighter color than the humans natural tan. He took another puff of the cancerous smoke and sighed, "Don't worry, I don't do it anymore".

"Then why hide them from me?" The blue eyed man questioned.

Reed shrugged breathing out his last breath of smoke as he sniffed out the cigarette in a tiny ceramic ashtray. Nines tried not to think that some time ago he could have been putting them out on his skin. Tired Grey eyes came up to meet his, "There are a lot of reasons: don't want the pity, don't want the people who say I did it for attention, they're phcking ugly-"

Nines growled seizing his shoulders in a tight but careful grip as Dipshit rounded them to go curl up with Cossette and Sarot Cha, "There is nothing ugly about you, nothing Gavin".

The man chuckled dryly as he pushed the larger hands away, "Look you dildo, there are tons of ugly things about me...my scars are just some of them".

The Android knelt down in front of the man and took his arms into a careful grip. He caresses a long jagged scar that stretched from the shorter man's elbow to his thumb on his left arm. Synthetic liquid dripped from his eyes and his LED was spinning red as he leaned forward to press his forehead against marred skin, "You are beautiful".

Gavin breathed leaning down to press his lips to the machine's hair, "Only because you made me that way".