The two of you walked home together hand in hand.

-

Jimin smiled down at you, his round cheeks squishing his eyes into crescents as his full lips parted in a big smile. You didn't know why he was smiling but it was contagious and you couldn't help but smile back up at him. 

You blinked and when you opened your eyes it wasn't Jimin's squishy smile before you anymore. Instead, silky black hair fell into Yoongi's dark eyes as they crinkled, his pouty pink lips spreading into a wide, gummy smile. It was every bit as contagious as Jimin's and you smiled along with him as well.

Then Yoongi's smile was gone and his lips were nearly touching yours, his breath brushing across your face. He closed his eyes and moved in as though to kiss you when suddenly he was wrenched away. Your eyes flew wide at the sudden movement and you saw Jimin, his face red and angry and his gray ears flat against his head as he drew back and punched Yoongi, knocking him to the ground. He leaned down to hit the dark cat again, but Yoongi retaliated, smashing his own fist into Jimin's cheek.

-

Jimin lay in bed with y/n that night, the two of them having collapsed into bed and fallen asleep right away after their tough shift at work that day. He slowly felt himself waking up and blinked into the dark, not immediately sure what had woken him. As he became more aware he realized that y/n was starting to have a nightmare. It was still in the early stages, and he thought maybe her pulse quickening was what had stirred him from sleep. Sweat began to spring up on her forehead as her breathing accelerated and he leaned down dutifully to lick the spot beneath her ear and chase the dream away.

-

You screamed, needing to put yourself between the cats and stop the fight, but you couldn't move and you looked down to see that you were sinking into the asphalt, your feet slowly disappearing. You called out to the boys but they ignored you, continuing to beat each other. Blood ran down their faces and hands and you began gasping in panic as your waist was now buried in the ground. Soon you wouldn't be able to breath at all.

-

It wasn't working. Jimin pulled back, frowning slightly. Phase two - he began softly humming, brushing his full lips along her jaw line before starting to softly sing a sweet melody to her. A few lines into the song though and he knew something was really wrong as she still wasn't showing any signs of relief. She was breathing heavily and letting out pitiful sounding moans. Her shirt began to stick to her damp chest and her face twisted in pain. Jimin leaned back and looked down at her in worry, beginning to panic. Nothing was working, he would have to wake her up this time.

-

Suddenly, everything stopped in the dream, the boys frozen in their positions as if it were a movie and someone had hit the pause button. The air was completely still and all was silent save for the sound of a pair of footsteps clicking on the ground, coming toward you from a distance. A form emerged from the darkness, stepping into the half shadows at the edge of the scene. You couldn't see his face but you had a feeling you knew exactly who it was as a creeping sense of fear washed over you from his direction, despair coiling in the pit of your stomach.

"Well isn't this interesting," a deep, silky voice spoke from the shadows, the rest of the scene still frozen. You shuddered at the familiar voice, but then you felt a sudden pain in your ear and your eyes flew open.

You were awake, but the sense of dread had not stayed in the dream.

-

-

Sorry for the weird ending, just setting some stuff up and this chapter was getting way too long so I had to split it.

On a different note, I'm thinking of writing a separate companion story to this with a love interest for Yoongi's character because I love him and I want him to be happy. Interested?

Thanks for reading! 🖤

- edit - I did that thing, Yoongi's story is out my dudes! Check it out, if you haven't it's called
Colder Kitten
🖤