Chapter 70 - Oblivious

Start from the beginning

"Driver..." Jennie spoke to the driver with a smile: "Haneul park, please"

She then turned to Lisa and said:

"I've heard of this event a couple of days ago and I really wanted to see it but I didn't know if I could or if I wanted to go alone.... But, if you would like, we can go there now together."

"Go where?"

"Oh... I so want to tell you, but I think it works better as a surprise." Jennie was giggling. "Plus... Our mystery about the missing person might get solved.... At least a bit!"

"Well, Nayeon, just by being at the club, gave you this idea, so, I'm sold! Let's go to Han-"

"Haneul park!"

"Yes, there....! And let's beat you at Crash Team Racing!"

"You wish Pura!" Jennie joked as they grabbed their controllers so that they could play again.

After a while, Lisa spoke:

"So.... You didn't mention anything about my dancing..."

Jennie froze. She gulped when she heard that because she did not know how to respond to that and she nearly made a mistake while playing the game.

"I... Uh... Wait, let me not crash with my kart now! Oh no!" She eventually did make a mistake, which meant Lisa was leading now in the game.

"Haha, who's wishing things now, Coco?" Lisa teased. "Anyway... Did you like it? My dancing?"

"Oh yeah... You definitely showed... A lot." Jennie didn't know how to respond. Lisa then paused the game:

"Jennie, it's okay... I won't get mad. You can tell me if I sucked." Lisa replied with a shy smile.

"No, no way! I'm sorry, I was just distracted by the game, I promise!" Jennie suddenly felt the need to defend Lisa. She then added:

"You were amazing!"

"Really?" Lisa's eyes lit up.

"Like... Honestly, now, thinking about it, I almost don't want you as a photographer anymore, I'd prefer you as a back-up dancer more haha!" Jennie chuckled.

"What? No! Really? No!" Lisa was overwhelmed. She's just saying that...

"No, I'm serious... You've added something to your dance... It was... It was truly amazing to watch you dance." Jennie was being sincere.

"Well, I gotta be honest Jennie... First you want me as your photographer, now as your dancer, what's next?" Lisa chuckled while saying that.

Oh, I better not answer that. Jennie thought to herself as she smiled at Lisa. But in the end, she caved and said:

"I think you'd be a great addition to my team in any way possible. I mean that." She spoke humbly.

"Aw, Nini!" Lisa then went for a hug and Jennie hugged back.

Why does she smell so nice? They both thought.

"I'm sorry I didn't mention it before, Lisa... But your dancing is really great. I didn't forget about it, it's just that a lot of stuff happened so yeah..."

"It's okay, sometimes I forget about the things I want to say as well, and that's a fact you already know about me... So... Yeah..." She smiled at Jennie.

Jennie then asked:

"Hey, you did mention something about your Master's thesis and how it was going to be about me, right?"