Sadly, once again, fate had to step in.

She said that it was a mistake, which angered me that I wanted to grabbed her and kiss her senseless and to make her take back the words. Yet she was still firm of her principle, she even said that it was just hormones, although I thought the otherwise.

Raine once mentioned that she can’t accept my feelings since I was engaged to her cousin, and that she doesn’t want to be the reason for a broken relationship. Could it be possible that she experience the same situation? I did asked her about it but she wasn’t able to answer since Belle had arrived.

It even made me realize that I love her more when I felt jealousy aroused within me when I saw her with Marcus. Seeing her with him so comfortable and carefree made me envied him of their mutual relationship. She was natural being with him as if there was no problem carrying on her shoulders.

Although, Belle told me that both of them were friends and they weren’t into something special. I know I felt relieved inside but I couldn’t help myself feel jealousy whenever I see them both together.

I have open my heart to her hoping that she would accept it, and she would do the same. Unfortunately, she kept her heart reserved as if she doesn’t want anyone to steal it from her. Could it be possible her being so reserved of her feeelings has something to do with her previous relationship?

I heavily sighed.

Somehow I couldn’t asked Raine about it since she was avoiding me, and I couldn’t asked Belle about it since that would made look like I’m like a gossip girl or something. Worst, Raine was leaving tomorrow and I couldn’t even take a last glance to see her walk as she enter the departure area.

“Is there something the matter son?”

I look up from my study room and face the current Duke of Whitebourne, also known as my father. Even at his old age of fifty he was still sturdy as a rock, which made me wonder how could I have been so stupid to oblige his every wish since he kept on saying he was getting weak.

“Nothing,” I said, before I closed the account books that I’ve been doing. I stood from my seat and walked towards him. “What brings you here father? I haven’t received any message that you would be coming.”

“I just wanted to surprise that’s all,” the old duke said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I raised one eyebrow at him.

“What?” Greyson, the name of my father, gave me an feigned look.“Couldn’t a father visit his son?”

“I’m your only son. In fact, I’m your only child,” I retorted. Truth was I was quite surprised that he visited since he rarely does it, so instead, I was the one who kept visiting him in Whitebourne House.

Greyson Blaire was the kind of father that I admire, in fact, I couldn’t asked for a better parent. He was a duke in front of the eyes of the society but, he will always be the father I always know in my eyes. Which brings me the question, “What brings you you here?” I repeated since he didn’t answer the first time.