• Dreams Come True •

Start from the beginning

"Yes. And be careful, she's mean."

Gribbly came back from the bathroom looking quite perturbed. "That 'toilet' you sent me to was just a tree stump! That was one unhappy chipmunk." I sighed and facepalmed. "Mr. Gribbly, why do you have to take Griff today? There's still a week of camp left." Xander whined.

"Look. All I know is that they want me to pick him up today. And if I don't do what I'm told, they'll demote me to crossing guard." Gribbly explained. "Oh! I remember you! You got run over by that red bike once right?" I asked. Gribbly nodded sadly, then gasped. "You were in juvie three years ago weren't you?!" He exclaimed.

I nodded sheepishly, "I was quite the fiend." Xander pushed me aside, and turned to Gribbly. "Could you at least let us break the news to our friend and, give us a little time to say goodbye?" He asked. "I suppose so. But make it snappy. I need to make it home in time for me and my cat, Muffles, to watch Madame Wanda: Pet Therapist."

"Hey Griff. We need to talk to you." Xander began as we sulked into Grizzly cabin. Before anymore could be said, I rushed over to Griff and threw myself on him, squeezing hard. "Wha- What happened?" Griff asked. "Did the lake catch on fire again?" I let go of my hold from Griff , then sighed. "It's not about the lake."

"We just found out you ha-have to go b-back to juvie after all." I stuttered. "What? How do you know?" Griff stood up and frowned. "There is a Mr. Gribbly here from county services. He said he has to take you back." Ravi replied. "Now? But there's still a week left of camp!" Griff began to raise his voice, and I pulled him in for another hug. He squeezed back, and when I stopped hugging him, he lingered there.

"We told him that but he doesn't care!" Xander  fumed. There was a knock at the door, and a rushed Gribbly telling us to open up. "Wait! I think I have an idea on how to fix this." Xander whispered. "Ooh! Is it to fill Griff up with helium so he can float away?" Jorge chimed in. "Lets call that plan F." Xander answered.

"My plan is, Griff should hide while I try to figure this out." The knocking continued as Ravi, Jorge and I shoved Griff into Mrs. Kipling's cage. Xander opened the door, and in came Gribbly. "Ok. Where's Griff? I've got to go." I looked down and smirked. "Sorry. Griffs not here." I mumbled. "Really? Then you won't mind if I take a quick look?" Gribbly requested.

He walked towards the bathroom and peeked his head in before popping his head back out. "And I thought that tree stump was bad!" He boomed. Gribbly continued to look around, until he tried to head for Mrs. Kipling's cage. "Ah, I wouldn't do that. That is the domicile of my giant pet lizard." Ravi warned.

"She loves finger food. And by that I mean fingers." Gribbly held back his fingers then sighed. "Well, I feel like you guys know more than you're letting on. Well not that one." Gribbly grumbled as he pointed to Jorge. We waved goodbye as Gribbly left the cabin, with Xander slamming the door when he was gone. Griff came crawling and coughing out of Mrs. Kipling's cage.

"Ok Xander. You're plan better be good because I'm not spending my last week of camp hiding in a pile of mouse bones; and what I hope isn't a human toe." Griff demanded. "Just trust me. I've gotta go make some calls. Ravi, Jorge, and Ash you three do whatever you can to stall Mr. Gribbly." Zander told us. "On it! I'll ask him where babies come from. It usually takes people about 40 minutes to stop saying 'uh..'."

"I can't believe we ditched Gribbly in that abandoned mine!" I laughed. "Yes, when we see him again, he will either be very angry or very rich." Ravi grinned. "I can't stay in that cage for one more second!" Griff whisper-yelled as he came running towards us. "It smells like death, I'm freaking out about going to juvie, and that upside down water bottle keeps dripping on my forehead!"