"Holy shit," Pax breathed. "How did you ever survive this? This place is absolute hell."

"I spent a lot of my time on the streets," I told her. "Anything was better than this place."

I made a right turn onto another street and drove to the house I grew up in. It was empty and covered in hurtful words.

FREAK

LOSER

NERD

WORTHLESS

IDIOT

PATHETIC

UGLY

I took a shaky breath, willing myself not to burst into tears. I promised myself I was not going to shed anymore tears for this place.

I shut the car off and jumped out; Pax following.

"I think this is worse than my house," Pax mumbled. "Jesus, Babe, no wonder you were severely depressed."

"Yeah," I gave a shaky chuckle. "Never thought I'd be back here. It's exactly how I remember."

"Do you wanna go in?" She asked.

"No," I shook my head, taking a step back. "Maybe another day. This is enough for today." She nodded in understanding.

"It's six o'clock now, we should head to aunties restaurant. There will be people there, though. It's like pre-opening or whatever," she took the keys from me and got into the car and started it up. I stood looking at the house for a bit longer.

REPULSIVE

TRASH

WEIRDO

CRYBABY

KILL YOURSELF

WASTE OF SPACE

DIE ALREADY

Words. Horrible, horrible words. I used to stare at all day long. I believed every last one of them. Now, I want to laugh. I can't believe these stupid words hurt me, but words are one of the most dangerous weapons.

I turned around and got into the passenger seat. "Lets go." I told Pax, buckling up.

She smiled at me, put the car in reverse, and drove to aunt Shelly's restaurant.
+++++++

"Hello, welcome to Ornate Kitchen, do you have a reservation?" Greeted the server. She was a High Schooler, seventeen maybe eighteen, will probably see her around school, had long blond hair, face full of makeup, her uniform was probably a size to small.

"Uh no we don't," I said.

"Sorry, we aren't serving anyone without a reservation. Today is by special invitation only," she did not seem sorry at all.

"We were told by the owner of this establishment, Shelly Mathew, that we could come by for dinner," Pax Said.

"What's the name?" She asked, her voice was snooty and annoyed.

"Paxton and Emma Mathew," Pax smiled victoriously.

She typed our name into the computer. "Sorry, there is no reservation with that name," she gave a fake pout.

"Can we speak to your manager?" I asked, trying to be kind even though this girl was pissing me off.

"Look, Just Leave. You don't have a reservation, the owner didn't tell you to come by, go try to steal food elsewhere. This is a respectable establishment," the girl snapped.

"We would love to speak with your manager!" Pax exclaimed.

"Fine Be this way!" She snapped. "Can I get the manager up front?" She said into a little microphone. "He's on his way." She smiled a sickly sweet smile.

"Rico!" Pax smiled brightly. "It's so good to see you!"

"If it isn't Emma and Paxton," Rico, the restaurants manager smiled. "How are you girls doing?"

"We are lovely," I smiled and kissed his cheek. Rico has been working for Shelly a little over ten years. "Auntie said we could come by for dinner. Spent the day touring the town."

"Of course!" Rico said. "Anna get these girls a booth!" He ordered.

"Rico, they don't have a reservation," Anna, pointed out.

"They don't need one," He Said. "Their aunt runs the place!" Annas' face paled and she quickly got two menus, leading us towards a booth.

"Thanks, Anna," Pax Said, sarcastically. "See you around, If we don't get you fired." Pax smirked.

Anna set the menus down and squired off.

"No need to threaten the poor girl," I lightly smacked her arm. "She's scared out of her mind."

"She was being a bitch," Pax countered.

"She was doing her job. We didn't have a reservation and she wasn't aloud to let anyone in without a reservation." I Said, looking over my menu.

"Don't be so nice to bitches," she grumbled. "You spent your whole life being bullied by them."

"That doesn't mean I'm going to bully them. No one deserves to feel the pain we felt," I Said and she sighed.

"I guess your right."
+++++++

Auntie came out of the kitchen and ate a little with us then went back to work. I had the cheese ravioli and Pax has the mushroom ravioli. When we finished we just kinda left. Auntie told us there was no need to pay. She owned the place.

We said a quick goodbye to Rico and Pax said a very sarcastic bye to the server up front.

Pax is going to be the death of me one day.

As promised to Maria and Ales we drove over to the pizzeria. It was just closing up so we got there in time.

After my abrupt leaving everyone thought I died. I didn't blame them. I tried to commit suicide, Shelly flew right over, we stayed for seventy-four hours before we left for Boston. It was in the paper the next day about how I attempted suicide then just vanished. Everyone just got it in their head that I died.

I had to explain to Maria and Ales what happened over the passed three years. I didn't tell them everything just the bare minimum. I could tell they wanted more but I couldn't do that to myself.

I couldn't talk about the darkness, couldn't talk about voices, couldn't talk about anything really.

So, I just told them I was suffering from depression, went to a psychiatric hospital, got better, and now I'm back to finish senior year.

We left after about an hour of talking about some of the things I missed. How they were, what the town was like after my 'supposed suicide', just mindless stuff.

Talking about it made my mood worsen and I felt very tired.

I went to bed that night not feeling well.

I didn't get out of bed the next day.