Prologue

I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was.
~

I stood at the door, looking into the room that I called home for the past three years. The bare white walls, the white floors, the white bed. It looks like what any mental health room would look like.

I never bothered to try and decorate it. I liked it just the way it was. It was normal and bare. It looked like how I wanted to feel. Normal and boring.

I spent three years in a psychiatric hospital in Boston Massachusetts, and they finally have decided to discharge me. I'm not going to lie, I'm going to miss it.

It helped me and healed me. I learned ways to deal with panic attacks and coping mechanisms for nightmares. It was my safe haven. I don't want to leave.

"You ready to go?" My best friend, Paxton, asked. I nodded, not truly paying attention to what she asked. "It's going to be ok." She assured and wrapped her arms around me from behind.

"I'm going to miss it," I mumbled. "It's going to be weird. Waking up and not being here, not having a nurse come in with my meds, not having a schedule."

"We can always make one," she offered. I hummed my approval at that idea. "Come on, aunties waiting in the lobby."

I grabbed my bag and she grabbed hers. Pax came in about the same time I did. She's suffered form anorexia and bulimia. Being the same age and dealing with similar pasts we took a liking towards each other. She's my soul-sister.

We were wearing our hospital issued clothes. White shirt, white sweatpants, and white slippers. They had a white motif going on.

My aunt, Shelly, we liked to call her auntie, was waiting in the lobby. Her long golden blond hair was put up in a messy bun, she was wearing casual clothes, light blue skinny jeans, a dark purple top, with black heels.

She was the most amazing person in the world. At the of thirty she adopted both Pax and I, was a world famous chef, and owned tons of property around the world and restaurants. How she is single, baffles me. She's stunning, smart, sophisticated, any man would be lucky to catch her.

"You two ready?" She asked, kissing us both atop the head.

We had spent the previous day saying our goodbyes to the wonderful staff and packing.

I looked over at Pax, "We're good to go." I answered.

"Cool. Samuel is driving us to the runway, from there we will get onto the private jet and take off to Idaho," I slung my bag over my shoulder and followed auntie out of the hospital.

The drive to the airport runway was quiet. Pax and I didn't feel like talking. Boston was our home, and now we're leaving the only place we ever felt like we belonged.

I sat in the car, my earbuds in, listening to my playlist. Paxton was also listening to music. We sat together, my head laying on her shoulder, her head on my head, holding hands. Yeah, she's my best friend, my world.

The driver pulled into the airport runway a little ways away from the private jet. The plane was already up and ready for take off. Pax and I grabbed our suit cases and bags before following our aunt onto the plane.

I guess it's time to go back home.

I grabbed onto Paxs' hand and walked into the plane that will fly us towards hell.

================================

Story I've been planning and thinking of. I started writing this a couple weeks ago so I already have some chapter ready. This is just the prologue. I'll edit the first chapter and have it out soon. ~Rae

P.S this is going to be a polyamory story.

TRIGGERING WARNING THROUGHOUT WHOLE THING!!' MAIN CHARACTER SUFFERS FROM MENTAL ILLNESSES!!!!

KINDA GAY!!