Chapter 1

Rock bottom became that solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
~J.K Rowling.

The driver pulled into the gated community. Why auntie wanted a house in this area, was beyond me, but she did like the more extravagant things in life.

We drove a couple blokes before we pulled into a nice two story house. Auntie was the first to leave the car. Our driver, Ed, excited after her and went to the trunk and started pulling out our suitcases and bags. Pax and I were the last the leave.

We didn't want to leave Boston. Boston was our home. Pax as no history in this town so honestly for her it's just a town, for me it's hell.

To many bad memories surfaced just by being here. I've spent three years dealing with the PTSD this place caused me and being back is not healthy. Even though, auntie and my therapist think it will be good. They said it'd be good mentally. If I could face my fear of this place, it would set me free.

I stepped out of the car and ran a hand through my my faded dyed black hair. "Have you called the local therapy places?" I asked aloud.

"Yes, hun. You have an appointment on the Friday before school starts and then one of Monday after your first day. Same for you Payton," Auntie answered, handing me my bag, and kissing my head. "I've got it all covered. They school does expect you two to be there an hour early so they can set everything up, though."

"Fantastic, public school!" I exclaimed sarcastically.

"Watch that tone." Auntie warned.

"I still don't understand why we couldn't have just stayed in Boston and continued homeschooling," I whined.

"Your psychiatrist and I agreed that you needed to come back and see your father, learn that this place doesn't control you, and you need to work on your social anxiety. Being in public school will help with getting you out and talking to people," auntie explained. "And the house in Boston is getting remodeled." She added.

"It's not going to be that bad, Emma," Pax consoled me. "You've got me with you." She slug her arm over my shoulder.

"Get to unpacking, Girls!" Auntie called. "The moving trucks will be here tomorrow."

Pax ran over to the luggage and grabbed her bags before prancing into the two story house. I trudged over to Ed and he handed me my bags. "Everything will be ok, Dear." Ed told me. "You're strong and will make it through anything."

I smiled warmly at him. "Thanks, Ed." He was my favorite of all of aunties drivers. He was in his sixties and has been working with her for family for thirty years now. "You're the best." I took my luggage and walked into the house.

I placed it by the front door where all the other bags were. Pax and Auntie grabbed the rest out at the car then Ed said his goodbyes and drove away.

Auntie stood at the entrance, her hands on her hips, a small smile on her face, just looking around at the place. Pax and I stood off to the side, looking at her confused. She suddenly turned and clapped her hands together once.

"Rooms are upstairs, choose one, put bags in it, unpack, then meet me in my study," She order then walked away.

Pax and I burst out laughing. Our aunt was never one for orders unless it was in the kitchen. She's just the most sweet and humble person that hates confrontation. Her orders don't sound much like orders.

"I want the biggest one!" Pax called and raced up the stairs with her stuff.

I chuckled under my breath, grabbed my stuff, and followed by walking.