~ Chapter 1 ~

Today was the day, Eve was going back to Hollows Hideaway. She hasn't talked to anyone since she left. Its been 2 years, She was now 18 and could drive back herself. She packed everything she had gathered in these years, got in her car and left.

She always found herself wondering if they even noticed she was gone. She loved Shay, She was always there for her when her and Jake were in stupid fights. She didn't understand why Shay did what she did. They both hurt Eve so much. She'll never be the same.

She isn't the same little girl. She dyed her hair a dusty pink and started actually wearing makeup. She wears comfy clothes though. She isn't wearing anything to catch peoples eye, she wears everything for herself. When she wears makeup, It gives her confidence; she knows she looks good and no one can take that away from her, except Shay...

Before she left Shay was always the perfect one. Shay wore the high end brands, Bad hair days weren't even in her vocabulary and if Eve wore anything she didn't approve of she would have to change or not go near Shay. She was the most basic bitch a girl can get. She won 'prettiest girl' at school every year. It was a sick concept though. It was just a popularity contest. Eve knew someone gorgeous, Allie Hughs, who never won because she wasn't popular. Shay never liked her but Eve always did.

As Eve drove past the sign into town she had to slow down. There was build up because of a police investigation in the forest. That's when she saw him: Jake Adams, The one and only. He was sweaty and had red and puffy eyes. He looked stressed while the police spoke to him. Shay's Parents were also there. There wasn't a sign of Shay. That's when Eve started putting two and two together. Somethings wrong with Shay.