Chapter 10: Snowdrops

"You've done nothing but hurt her up to this point! Why would I even consider to leave her in your care again?" Mother?

"Mrs. (L/n), please be more understanding of the situation. It was an accident, it wasn't his fault if you have to blame anyone it should be me." Zelda? "Right now we shouldn't take her out again, she has a high fever and the cold can make her get worse."

"You're the last person I ever want to take advice from! You're the reason my daughter and I always fought! You filled her head with your lies and manipulated her- you took advantage of her and now that you brainwashed someone else you let her get hurt!" Why is my mother screaming at her?

"If you truly wish to discuss the past with me, you'll have to do it some other time. Right now, Link went out to buy medicine for her. I'm not saying that I'm kicking you out, but please understand that's Link's decision since this is his house." I'm at Link's house? Geez, I feel hot and my head is killing me. It feels like both of the sides of my head are being drilled into... I'm so tired...

~*~

I raised my hand up to my forehead, feeling a damp towel. I'm still feeling hot, but at the same time, I keep shivering.

"You're awake?" I looked up, seeing Link at the door of the bedroom with a tray of food in his hands. "Are you still cold? I didn't wanna bury you under too many layers, sorry. Do you wanna eat by the fire?" I slowly nodded, clutching onto the blanket that was over my waist. He quickly went out of the room, the sound of the tray being set down onto a table echoed down the hall along with his footsteps. He came back into view, taking the towel from my forehead and offering me his hand as he asked if I could walk. I stood up, keeping the blanket around my shoulders as he slowly led me toward the living room. The sound of burning wood crackling reached my ears as we entered the living room. He had me sit on the couch in front of the fireplace, grabbing the tray from the kitchen counter and placing it down onto the coffee table. Walking back to the kitchen, he picked up a bottle before handing it to me. I eyed it for a moment, watching the red liquid slosh around in the container. "It's medicine Luv gave me, I of all people know it doesn't taste great so I'd recommend drinking it first and washing it down with the soup afterward." He sat on the sofa next to me, picking up a book that had be placed facedown on the plush armrest.

"I know it doesn't taste good, I had to drink a bunch of it during recovery." I grabbed the cork, twisting it until it released with a pop. I brought the glass rim up to my lips, mumbling before taking a large gulp. "Zelda usually had me drink tea after the medicine." I felt his eyes on me, hearing him clear his throat before closing the book completely and putting it away into the bookcase behind him. I ate the soup and bread that was on the tray fairly quickly seeing as I was practically starving.

"I'll go run you a bath," He took my tray and placed it on the counter by the sink. "I have some clothes in my dresser, pick out whatever you'd like." I hummed, watching his back as he walked down the hall and made a left turn before a lantern was lit. I walked further down, passing the bathroom and returning to his bedroom. I picked out a large shirt as well as a pair of shorts. His other pants didn't seem too comfortable let alone have a drawstring to keep them from falling. I could hear him pouring water into a basin. I practically sweated through my clothes at this point, it's kind of him to have offered his. Knowing my parents, they probably wouldn't even let him step a foot near the house to get my clothes. Even with the slightest chance that they would, it's beyond freezing out there and I don't have any more patience to sit around in this. I made it back into the hallway, watching as he walked back into the bathroom with a fairly large pot of hot water he had heated up over the fire. I hadn't really paid much attention to it earlier. I'm starting to feel more sluggish again.