Prologue

"Mommy can I go play with Scott?!" Little seven-year-old Stiles Stilinski asked his mom, pointing to the window where young Scott McCall stood outside holding onto his bike.

"Sure honey, just stay away from those woods. There are monsters out there. And don't talk to strangers," Claudia said, hugging her son and kissing his head.

"I know mommy! I won't!" Stiles said, kissing his mother on the cheek and running outside, "let me get my bike!"

"Hurry! The other boys are waiting!" Scott called as Stiles ran to the shed getting his bike.

Scott, Stiles, and some of their friends rode their bikes down a dirt road, "Uh... Scotty Boy... Um... I'm not really sure about this... I've never been here before..."

"Oh Stiles, it's alright!" Scott said, "Stop being scared!"

"Hey, guys! Why don't we play hide and go seek in the woods?!" One of the boys called back at the rest of them.

"Sure!" Scott called back up, smiling at Stiles.

"I dunno Scott... What about the monsters...." Little Stiles asked, fear in his voice.

"There aren't any monsters Stiles! I promise! Our parents only tell us that so we stay away from there," Scott said, smiling at Stiles.

Stiles nodded slowly, really nervous about it. His mind went back to his mother warning him about the woods and how "the monsters take adorable little cupcakes like me and never give them back to their mommies."

They all stop at the entrance of the woods, Stiles sitting there, one leg on the ground and looking at the woods, scared. "Scotty... I wanna go home..."

"Come on Sty, everything is alright. There are no monsters, I promise," Scott said, coming up to his buddy and patting him on back.

"Stiles seeks first!!" One of them called, laughing as he ran into the woods. Stiles looked at Scott as he smiled and ran into the woods to go hide, leaving Stiles alone.

Stiles got off his bike and turned away from the woods, covering his eyes and counted to 30. "Thirty..." He called out, turning around and looked at the woods, eyes wide. He took a deep breath and walked into the woods. "Scotty?! Scotty Boy please come out..."

Scott stood behind a tree, looking at his best friend and smiled, quickly going back behind it when he looked his way.

Stiles walked further into the woods, further then any of the boys were hiding. He was alone and he was scared. At every noise, he would turn and almost pee himself, "Scotty... Please... Come out..."

"Sty?!" Scott called out, looking around. "Sty come out! You're not supposed to be hiding! You're the seeker!"

"What was that?!" One of the boys asked.

"I don't know but I'm out of here... This place is freaking me out..." Another said.

"Yeah, let's go," the first one said, "coming Scott?"

"I can't... I have to find Sty," Scott said, still looking around.

"Well we're out of here, come on guys," a boy said, running out of the woods with everyone else, leaving Scott alone.

"Sty?" Scott called, more to himself than out loud. He looked around, getting a little scared and started walking the way he saw Stiles walking.

Stiles was completely lost, tears leaving his eyes, down his cheeks, and onto his red hoodie that he wore all the time. He heard a stick snap and he turned, "Scott?!" But it wasn't Scott, the thing that made the noise wasn't even human. He screamed as three wolves stepped into view, their heads low, growling at Stiles.

"Stiles?!" Scott called, hearing the scream and running towards it. He ran out to an opening and saw Stiles on the ground, holding himself up by only his arms, crying. Scott ran to him and that's when he saw the three wolves. He hugged Stiles, scared himself but didn't want to show it to Stiles.

One wolf leaped towards them, they both closing their eyes and hugging each other tightly, waiting for the attack. "Keep your eyes closed!" A voice called, didn't need to tell them twice. After a few minutes that felt like ages past, they could hear footsteps walking up to them. "Are you two alright?"

Stiles opened his eyes and looked up at his rescuer, "yeah... We're ok... Are you Superman?"

The teen chuckled and shook his head, putting his hand out to help the two younger boys up, "no, I'm no Superman. Why are you guys out here alone?"

"Why are you?" Scott asked.

"I live around here," he said, looking at him. Stiles noticed his rescuer's green eyes, how his hair looked perfect like he just came from the hairdresser, how he had a muscular neck.

"What's your name?" Stiles asked, looking at him.

"Derek Hale."

~~~

Hey guys! So this is my first Sterek book and I hope you like it! Alright, I hope you guys liked this!