Chapter 16

Tobias
I don't think yesterday could've gone better. I honestly don't know what I was so nervous about, his family is lovely and they liked me. I was so happy and relieved that they liked me, I don't know how I would've felt if they didn't.

I woke up to no one beside me so I assumed Lathan had already gone to work. I looked at my bedside table to see my phone lying face down and I picked it up. The screen switched on and showed me notifications of seven missed calls and twenty messages all from my parents.

My good mood instantly fell down to a decent mood and I sighed. It was terrible but I'd forgotten I was still talking to my family. I was happy to have them back in some sense of the word but so much has happened and they're just so far away.

I opened the messages from my parents and they all said the same thing, "we want to see you again". My heart felt heavy reading that. I was such a terrible son, I hadn't seen them since that time.

I put my phone down and stood up. I needed to get ready for the day before I could even begin to think about this. I got into the shower and let the blazing hot water trickle down my skin. The burning sensation felt nice against me, had I still been human I wouldn't be doing this.

How would I explain this to them? After coming out as gay I have to come out as a demon too? How would they react? What would they say? Oh god...I'm getting sick.

I rushed out of the shower and threw up whatever little food was still in my stomach. I got up and flushed the toilet before snapping my fingers to clean it. Walking up to the sink I could see the look on my face. I looked disgusted with myself and for many reasons.

I haven't thrown up like that in a really long time.

I brushed my teeth and gargles Listerine in my mouth for a minute before spitting it back out. I wiped my mouth before looking in the mirror again. How the hell could thinking about my family and telling them about what I am now, get me to throw up? Am I that afraid of rejection?

I shook the thoughts out of my head and went back into the shower. I'd just talk to Lathaniel about it, see what he'll say. Though it'll be a while before he's back and a feeling of immense anxiety is taking centre stage. I need to calm down...maybe a hunt.

I snapped my fingers, teleporting myself to the hunting cabin. I breathed in deeply, taking in the cool and damp forest air. A smile crept onto my face as I exhaled, I could smell all those souls just waiting for me. I closed my eyes and thought about what I wanted like Lathaniel said I should.

Before I knew it I was off, killing a few small creatures at first then taking on bigger ones. When I'd finished I felt much better, my anxiety had subsided and I felt at ease about the whole situation. What was it I said to Lathaniel that one time?

"I'll tell them and however they take it, I'll let them. I don't live for them anymore...I'm my own now, I'm yours too."

That is the mentality I should stay within, it'll make everything easy to think about and less overwhelming. But then again I can't be too sure how I'll react once in the situation...I'll have to do it sometime.

I'll have to make a decision.

As Always...
Vote for the gay
Comment on the gay
Share the gay
Love the gay