Chapter 6

No one's POV.

As Gavin ran drunkenly towards Jericho, Conan ran towards the bar. He knew that was where Gavin would be, so running as fast as his legs could carry him, he bolted. Of course Conan was way faster as he was an android and Gavin was more walking than running--he had a lot to drink. Actually, he was more stumbling than walking while Connor gripped his arm and held him up. Then Conan stopped. Half a block away was Gavin, who was trying to fall or something even though he was obviously drunk and Connor was helping him.

"Conan!" Gavin yelled as Conan saw him. He smiled and ran to him.

Conan's POV.

I saw him. I stopped when he saw me, when he yelled my name. I quickly ran towards him. I collapsed into his arms, nearly knocking him over. I picked him off the ground. We laughed as we hugged. Then I remembered he was the one who kicked me out. I pulled away, I wanted to know why but I still wanted to be with him.

"Oh Conan, I'm so sorry I'm such an idiot. I thought making you leave was the best thing. I don't deserve you. I was afraid I'd hurt you and in the process I hurt you like the fucking idiot I am." I knew Gavin never wanted me to leave. I knew he wanted more than what we had. I kissed him and he kissed back.

"I love you Detective." I smirked knowing he hated it when I called him that.

"Conan I'm sorry that Hank kicked you out, he just wanted to protect me and stuff." I looked up and saw Connor.

"It's okay Connor, brothers fight," he smiled and hugged me. "But let's never fight again, and you and Gavin need to stop fighting too." His stupid grin made me even happier. Some emotions were nice. Maybe Markus was right--no he was right. "Gavin, we need to on our first official date without people insulting you." He nodded.

"I guess so." I knew it was nearly impossible but we had to try.

Gavin's apartment.

I walked in and things were a mess. The gun was on the table. I shook my head, the couch was tipped over. "You idiot! Why the fuck did you do this?" I hit his shoulder.

"I was upset and angry." I quickly looked around.

"Are Chicken and Cash okay?" I asked still looking around for the two cats.

"They are fine, I put them in the bathroom because I didn't want to hurt them by accident." Gavin then opened the bathroom door and both cats ran out.

"Well shit. Today's been a long day, we have work tomorrow," I stated. It was only Monday but today was very long.

"Well good night Toaster," Gavin said falling into the bed, not changing into his pajamas.

"Good night Gavin." I kissed his forehead and went into charging mode in my work clothes. I never really changed when we got home earlier that day.

Next morning at the DPD.

Gavin's POV.

"Gavin! A shooting is going on down at the club!" Hank yelled. I grabbed my gun and followed Hank and Connor.  Conan was behind me.

At the club.

The sound of guns going off alerted us there were at least two shooters. We had to get in. We entered quietly with guns drawn. The building looked empty except there were bodies on the floor. Some were alive and an ambulance siren went off in the background signalling help on the way. We knew they were here. But the shooters also knew we were here now. Hank quickly shoot one of the shooters hiding behind a table preparing to fire. They stumbled over the second shooter that charged us and shot at me. I prepared  for an impact which never came. I saw Conan fall over. Conan took the bullet for me. I then shot the shooter with a vengence. That motherfucker will pay. I wanted him to die.

Conan's POV.

I didn't have my coin on me this time. I was going to become robotic and emotionless once again. "Conan no please! Don't go..." Gavin stumbled over to me. I smiled. I wanted to reassure Gavin. Other people entered and started helping the injured and arresting the shooters that had given up.

Shutting down in 1 minute and 6 seconds.

The warning flashed brightly that filled me with more emotions. "Conan, will you still be my Conan when you come back?" He was crying. I didn't regret getting shot. Gavin had a 6.5% chance of survival if he got shot where he was going to be. I shook my head gently.

"No I will not come back as your Conan." Gavin hit me.

"You fucking idiot! Why would you take that bullet for me?!" He yelled.

"Gavin, you had a very a low chance of survival and if you died I would have no reason to live without you. Goodbye Gavin." I shut down.

The DPD.

Gavin's POV.

"Gavin? When the shooters get out of the hospital you will have to interrogate them." Gavin was still crying.

"The hell I will. They fucking killed my partner!" Gavin yelled while storming out. People were getting used to it.

Gavin's apartment.

He won't come back to me, what's the point? I grabbed the gun but it was empty. I sighed. Maybe he could go deviant for me again? No, he wouldn't. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. I opened the door.

"Hey Gavin... Just thought you could need a drink or two..." Hank and Connor held up a box of beer.

"Thanks. Come in." I wiped my eyes.

Why am I so emotional? I'm suppose to be the 'dick detective' and now I'm crying over an android.

"The new Conan will remember everything just... without emotions."

So he'll remember the soft moments we had, that were full of love except without the emotions.

"Why the fuck did he get shot for me?!" I yelled about to flip the table. Then there was a moment when I saw Cash and Chicken. "Hey can you guys take them for awhile?" They nodded.

"Sure we can." Connor smiled, it reminded me of Conan.

I can't cry in front of these guys.

"Gavin, I'm so sorry about Conan. Connor did the same thing a few times and I know it hurts like hell," Hank said quietly. I knew he didn't want to be here. Hank looked at his android. Connor smiled and kissed him.

"It was to protect you, Lieutenant." Hank rolled his eyes.

"So since the Android Revolution is over and Cyberlife ended too, who keeps sending us RK900 or RK800?" I asked, curiously. Maybe I could get my Conan back.

"Elijah Kamski does." My brother did? What a dick! We didn't have the same last name since I was adopted and took my birth parents' name. I didn't want to be associated with my brother.

"Of course that asshole does, he doesn't give a fuck about anything," I growled. My brother is a prick, he always out-shined me. Since I was adopted at age 2, he was only a few months older than me but we shared the same memories. My mother always treated Elijah like a king.

"Why do you hate Elijah so much? You don't even know him," Connor spoke. My brother deserved my hate. My mom forgot my birthday because of his stupid ass technology conventions. He built little robots that would have been cool if he hadn't used them to torture me. Now that he's famous, he acts like mom and I don't exist.

"My brother never cared about me, why should I care about him?!" I yelled. But he had made Conan, my Conan. We haven't spoken in years.

Oh I miss you Conan. Maybe my brother can help bring you back.

"He's your brother?" Hank asked amazed.

"Well I'm adopted... Anyway, goodbye, I have some were to go," I said pushing them out the door. Hank looked thankful, we never really got along. I knew this was probably