Chapter 1

Gavin's POV.

"Reed! You are such a lazy prick!" Hank yelled at me.

Yeah? Well two can play at that game fuckface.

"Yeah well I'm not the one fucking a plastic bitch," I retorted. That stupid tin can blushed while hank balled his fist.

"Hank no," Connor whispered to him. I walked away to go get some coffee.

"Detective Reed, my office now!" Captain Fowler yelled to me.

Fuck! What did I do now.

"Ooh, someone's in trouble." Tina giggled. I rolled my eyes and walked up the stairs to Fowler's office. I was not the only one there, so was Connor.

Wait--that's not Connor. This android was taller and his eyes were grey with blue. The Android stared at me , making me snap.

"The fuck you looking at tin can?!" I snapped at him.

"Be nice Gavin, this is your new partner Conan model RK900," Fowler said.

Partner? This fucking trash can is my partner?

"Hell no! I'm not working with this fucking prick!" I yelled. The android was even taller than me.

"You will if you want a job," Fowler growled. I groaned.

"Fine, let's go tin can." I left the room, leaving the Android following me. I sat at my desk.

"Detective we have a case. A girl was kidnapped and we have a lead." I groaned again. That stupid tin can.

"Okay let's go."

At an abandoned building in the woods.

"Stay behind me Detective," Conan whispered.

How dare he give me orders! We both had our guns in hand. Then, we heard a scream. A little girl ran into me, scaring me.

"Are you Julie Smith?" Conan asked the girl gently. She was giggling and nodded.

"I'm Julie. Me and my bestest friend in the whole wide world are camping here," the little girl said, smiling brightly.

"What's your friend's name?"

That android has a sweet side... It's kind of cute. Did I just think that prick's cute?

"My android, River, said my daddy couldn't hurt me anymore out here. Isn't that great?" An android with short, white hair. The model was AX400. It entered the clearing in front of the building 15 yards away. If the android's freedom wasn't legalized, I would have shot that tin can. Conan, who was crouching by the little girl, looked at the android.

"River, please come with us and we can figure things out," Conan called out to her. She came up to Conan and stared crying. The android cried. "River, we are going to take you and Julie for questioning at the DPD, is that okay?" She nodded hesitantly.

Stupid android, trying to do my job. We drove back to the DPD.

In the integration room.
Conan's POV.

"So River, please tell me what happened," I asked the deviant. She was crying and though I didn't understand why, but I felt pity for her.

software instability

That same god damn warning again?

"I was playing with Julie because taking care of her is my job. It was then that her father came in and told me not to move. He grabbed her and pushed her onto her bed. Julie cried and begged for him to leave her alone, but he smacked her. He usually hit her... But this time it was different. I needed to help her. I was afraid he would hurt her worse this time. I broke down my coding and ran to her father's room. After I grabbed his gun, I pulled him into the hallway and shot him. I felt horrible but I stopped him right before he could do anything to really hurt Julie. I felt so scared." Julie started to cry. I nodded and left the room. I decided on letting the police deal with her.

Later that day.

"Hey Conan. Thanks to you, I heard that android is getting custody of that little girl," Connor said smiling. I nodded and continued to work. It was getting late, so Gavin would leaving soon. Hopefully, I would be leaving with him.

"Hey FUCK HEAD! Get me some coffee!" Gavin yelled at me.

"Get it yourself, you asswipe," I growled. He shoved me out of my chair.

"What did you say to me you fucking trash can?" I stood up and pushed him against the wall, holding him there.

"Don't speak like that to me detective, or you'll regret it." His heartbeat sped up and his face turned red.

Gavin's POV.

Oh my god, he's so hot when he's like this. Why do I think like this? His eyes seemed more blue now, than earlier.

"I'm sorry Detective, your heart beat sped up. Did I scare you?" he apologized to me.

"Whatever Fuck Face just don't do it again," I muttered. My face felt hot.

Conan's POV.

He's blushing which only happens when you are embarrassed or like someone. Does Gavin like me?

software instability

Am I going deviant? I can't be. I looked at Gavin, who stared back with his brilliant green eyes. His lips looked so soft. No, I'm an android and I can't have feelings.

"Let's go Tin Can. I heard you are supposed to be staying with me." I followed the detective back to his car, which smelt like smoke.

At Gavin's place.

Gavin lived in an apartment, which was cleaner than I expected. His couch was beaten down and covered in stains and cat hairs. "Yo Tin Can, meet Cash," Gavin said. He was already in a black tank top and cat pj bottoms. He held up a small, black cat. "He's an asshole," Gavin said while petting the cat. I put my hand on the cat and I discovered it was soft. "You don't have any clothes besides that uniform, don't you?" Gavin asked groaning. In response, I nodded. "Well, I have tomorrow off. I guess we can get you some but for now, just sleep or go into charging mode or whatever on the couch. I don't have any clothes that'll fit you since you are so tall," Gavin said to me.

"Okay Detective." I sat down on his couch. He started to watch a show from 2014, called 'The Flash.' He yelled at the tv a lot, but it was cute.

software instability

Am I going deviant for Gavin? No I can't be. I'm just a machine.

"Hey, why are you looking at me like that? Also, why are your eyes bluer than when I first met you?" Gavin asked me.

"You're seeing things Detective, you must be exhausted," I replied. It was around 12 a.m., but Gavin seemed angry at that statement.

"Whatever Fuck Face, I'm going to bed."