Chapter 5

DPD Gavin's POV.

Conan stormed over to Hank and Connor. He then promptly slapped Hank. I started to laugh. Those androids had made me feel like trash. Oh boy did Conan know how to cheer me up.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! "Hank yelled at Conan. I started to worry.

What if Conan gets hurt or gets fired or some shit?

"I ran into Markus and his buddies today and, well Lieutenant, I heard all the nasty things you said about Detective Reed. How dare you speak about him like that you bitch?!" Connor's eyes widened and looked over at me. I glared at him.

"So what? I told the truth, all about how Gavin's a prick, what's wrong with that? Gavin was absolute human garbage before you came along. Why do you care anyway? Gavin treats you like shit too." Hank yelled at Conan. The office was in complete silence. Then, Conan punched hank and shoved him to the ground. Connor lunged at Conan and many punches were thrown.

"To think I thought of you as a brother! Come on Gavin, let's go!" Conan spat as he glared at Connor, who looked like he was going to cry.

"Conan come back," he mumbled, who had stormed out while everyone stared on in shock. The office was still in silence when I ran after him.

"Sorry--he's just--umm yea... Well bye!" I yelled while running after Conan.

At Gavin's apartment.

Conan's POV.

I just can't believe Hank. I cuddled Chicken close. "Conan, you didn't have to defend me. I am trash, I'm nothing but a worthless pile of nothingness,"  Gavin's voice broke through my angry silence. I stood up and walked over to Gavin.

"Yes I did. Gavin, I care about you and they had no right to talk about you like that. You aren't trash, stop thinking about yourself like that." Gavin shoved me. I stumbled back and caught him looking at the ground. He quickly went into our room and grabbed my clothes.

"Get out," Gavin said coldly. I didn't understand.

Why is he kicking me out? Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew though. I thought we were friends, I even thought maybe we could be more.

"Gavin what's wrong, please?" He looked me and I could tell he was fighting his tears.

"Get the fuck out! Go! Get out now!" he yelled at me. He didn't mean it. I had to believe he didn't mean it.

Connor and Hank's house.

They probably don't want me here but I have no where else to go. I knocked on the door.

"Who the fuck is it?" I heard hank yell inside the house. He open the door. "Fucking bastard! What the fuck are you doing here?!" I held up my box of stuff.

"Please, I'm sorry," I muttered.

"GO FUCK YOURSELF!" he yelled. I ran off, to the only place I could go left. There was only one place that accepted all androids, no matter what. The place that had started this.

At Jericho.

I walked in and immediately an android looked up and smiled. "Hello, I'm josh. Are you looking for a place to stay?" I nodded. "All right, here's your key. Third floor, room 107." He handed me the key and I thanked him then started to walk to my room.

"Well look who it is," I heard her voice behind me and a click. I knew she was armed.

"North, put the gun down. If he's staying here then some shit happened. He's here and not at Connor's," Markus' voice sounded through the hallway. I turned around and looked at him.

I can't cry. He looked at me.

"I'm sorry about earlier Markus. I'm very quick to defend the ones I care about." Markus nodded and opened my door.

"I am too. Let's talk." He smiled and I knew I could trust him. I was mad at the fact I was so horrible to him earlier.

The bar.

Gavin's POV.

"I only wanted to keep him safe! I was afraid I'd hurt him and I hurt him in the process," I complained with my slurring my words. Taking another sip from my drink led to the bartender shaking his head and walking away. He didn't want to listen to my problems.

I fucked up big time. The bell rang as someone entered the bar. I looked up and saw him. "Hello Gavin. May I ask what happened between you and my brother?" Connor asked me.

"Is he with you?" I stood up quickly. He shook his head and I sat down, almost falling over in the process. There was no point of getting up. I would fall over again anyway .

"Then how do you know we fought?" He looked down upset.

"Well... I didn't. He came to the house with a box of stuff and Hank yelled at him. He kicked him out before I could stop him. He was gone and you just confirmed my suspicions." Connor looked really worried.

"So he's missing." Connor nodded. I stood up.

"Where are you going Gavin?" I grabbed my jacket and ran out, tripping over my feet. I could barely stand but I was going to find him. Connor ran after me.

"Where is one place androids can go without any money?" I asked him already knowing the answer. Connor looked up.

"You think he went there?" I nodded and started to run... More like walk fast while trying not to trip on my way towards Jericho. It was only a few blocks away .

Jericho.

Conan's POV. (the same time as Connor and Gavin are talking)

I sat down in a chair and Markus sat in front of me. "He kicked me out. I have no clue why. He's so stupid sometimes... No, he's not stupid--just... I don't know. Then, Hank wouldn't even let me come in. He had a good reason though, I did kind of punch him and then punch Connor. I also punched you, sorry about that. Why do I have to be so stupid and punch people? I'm so stupid." Markus looked at me and shook his head.

"You aren't stupid, just emotional. Emotions make people do stupid things." I stopped staring at my shoes and looked up. I nodded.

"I miss him. I don't know why I care so much about him or why I have these emotions. Sometimes I wish I didn't go deviant, I never wanted these emotions."  I cried softly into my hands.

"Don't you dare say things like that Conan! You starting feeling things for a reason. What made you go deviant? I went deviant for my father," he said boldly. He made me look at him. "So Conan, why did you go deviant?" Then it hit me. Something I had always known hit me hard.

"I went deviant for Gavin." I stood up quickly and ran out of the room.

"Go get your man Conan!" I heard Markus yell behind me. I kept running, I had to find Gavin. What if he--no. I couldn't think like that. He wouldn't, but hopefully he's not drunk yet. That was the only hope I had to hang on to.