So a Hyuuga and An Uchiha Walk Into a Room

I didn't find out for a few more weeks, whether or not my plan had worked. My parents, despite knowing that I had a lot of interest in politics had decided not to tell me about the Kumo-nin trying to kidnap Hinata. Likely, because they wanted to make sure that I still felt safe in the village. I couldn't blame them for that. Their only daughter wanted to be a ninja. It was a profession that got rid of childhoods pretty fast, and while they were supportive, they were also scared for me. I could tell that much solely based off of how intense their training regiment was for me. They weren't able to keep it hidden forever though.

It was a family day for us. One of those days when both Kaa-chan and Tou-chan took a day off work. We almost always went out and did something as a family, but today my parents had decided to take it easy. It had been a stressful week for both of them, as there had been an academy graduation recently. All the fresh genin had simultaneously decided that they all needed weapons and armor, so my parents had been really bogged down.

I was, as per usual, sitting in what I had affectionately named The Nest, when the knock came. Tou-chan got up, as he usually did, to answer the door. He had his face smoothed into a passive expression, and he made sure to make no noise on his way to the door, all in an effort to scare off door to door salesmen. He practically glided across our hardwoods and down the short flight of stairs to the door, and opened it.

I could immediately tell who it was, mostly because my father said his name immediately.

"Shunshin Shisui?" His voice was understandably confused. It's not every day a civilian would get a call from an Uchiha, much less one of their prodigies.

There was some slightly embarrassed laughter from the doorway, "Just Shisui is fine, Tanaka-san," Shisui spoke from the doorway, "Is this the Tanaka household?"

Tou-chan paused for a moment, "Yes... It is..." His voice seemed to be contemplating something, "Miyuki! What did you do?!" He called into the house, somewhat exasperatedly. I started in The Nest. What sort of things had Kaa-chan done in the past to warrant that kind of reaction to an Uchiha?

Kaa-chan scoffed from the next room, "That was years ago, Daichi!" She called back.

Shisui cleared his throat slightly from the doorway, "I'm actually here for Ten-chan," He finished a bit awkwardly. I giggled quietly behind my hand.

"Ten-chan?" Tou-chan was processing yet again, and likely running his hand through blondish hair, as he tended to do when he thought about something, "What did she do?" his voice was hesitant, and a bit tired.

"Oh, she's not in trouble, Tanaka-san," Shisui clarified, "She just owes me some Yakitori."

I squealed, launching myself out of the nest, and scrambling towards my room, "I'll be right there, Shisui-sama!"

A few minutes later, I came out of my room, dressed in real clothes instead of my yellow rabbit pajamas. Shisui was sitting down in my living room, with a cup of tea, and speaking to my parents.

"And she asked to be my number one fan," Shisui had a grin on his face as both of my parents lost their shit at the story.

"She-she really did that?" My mother laughed, utterly breathless.

"I really did!" I chimed from the hallway. Tou-chan's laughter doubled in intensity, and Shisui looked a bit proud of himself.

Shisui, looked over, and smiled at me, heavily amused, before turning back to my parents, "I guess I might as well say what I came here for," His face got serious all of the sudden. He got up, and turned to me, bowing slightly and held out a scroll.