eight

From: Jelly Kelly

I have to tell you something

From: Jelly Kelly

call me please

Luke stared down at his phone with eyebrows furrowed together. Kelly had been acting very off lately and Luke didn't know why. She wasn't as talkative. She didn't laugh at his stupid jokes anymore. And she rarely came online. So of course Luke was worried about his friend. A friend that he liked very much.

But if she wanted to talk, he would give her that opportunity. So he went into his contacts and tapped her name. As he waited for her to pick up, he couldn't help but nervously tap his fingers against his computer desk.

She picked up, "Hey."

"Hey. What's up?" He asked straightening up in his seat. Luke was curious as to what was so important that she had to call him. Not that he minded, he loved listening to her talk.

"So uh," Kelly coughed, "My mom and I talked..."

It already didn't sound good. Luke had grown to strongly dislike Kelly's mother. He leaned his head back so it was rested on the back of his chair. "Okay," he said waiting for her to continue.

Kelly stopped to think of exactly what she should say. This was hard enough on her as is. But she had to tell him. "We thought that... I've been spending to much of my time with my Playstation."

Luke chuckled. Was that really all she had to say? She has told him this already, countless times in fact. He knew that her mom didn't like that Kelly played online so much. But then he realized she said we.

"We? Or her?" He asked.

"We." she clarified sounding not so sure of herself. Luke did not believe her. Not at all. "And we have made the mutual decision to..."

Luke was getting annoyed with her cutting herself off or pausing. He wished that she could just get to the point. "To what?" He practically snapped.

Kelly knew that Luke was getting eager for her to just get to the point. But she didn't want to. She didn't want to tell him what's happening because it wasn't even fully her decision. "We decided that it would be best if I just got rid of it completely. So I'm selling it."

"What?" Luke jumped out of his seat. Sure this wasn't that big of a deal, but playing online was their thing. That's how they met. That's how they bonded. Luke didn't like this at all. And he knew that it was not Kelly's choice. It was her mother's.

Kelly sighed, "Don't get upset. It's for the best. I need to start focusing more on school anyways. Plus I've been staying locked up inside all the time it's just-"

"No," Luke spat, "Stop bullshitting me. Your mum is making you do this."

Kelly looked up at her mom who was watching her as she talked to Luke. They were seated in the living room. Kelly and her mom had just got done having a huge argument about how she was wasting her life away on that game. Kelly hated confrontation, so she would agree to anything just so her mother would shut up. Unfortunately, that meant she had to get rid of one of things that made her happy.

Her mother had forced Kelly to call Luke and tell him right in front of her. Just so it was verified.

"No she's not," Kelly lied, "It's my decision."

Luke's eyes set to a glare on his wall. Hatred burned in his chest. All he wanted was for Kelly to be happy. But he wanted her to be happy with him. Even if this was her decision, that didn't make it okay. What would that make of them? Would they just fall apart? Luke hoped not.

"So what does that mean then?" Luke asked kicking at some clothes that he left scattered around his room.

"What do you mean?" Kelly questioned. She felt uncomfortable talking to Luke in front of her mother. Kelly just wanted this conversation to be over. She wanted Luke to just accept it and move on. But she knew that wasn't like him.

Luke scoffed, "For us Kelly. What does it mean?"

Kelly sunk down in the sofa cushion. The was the first time Luke had even considered them a thing. If they were. It was all very confusing.

"I wasn't aware there was an us," Kelly stated. Sure that was a bitch move. Kelly was fully aware of that. But she was done with being confused.

That made Luke upset. Even more upset than the fact she being forced into selling her Playstation. He thought that he made it clear that he had a thing for Kelly. She couldn't have been that clueless.

"Oh," Luke said. What else could he have said? He didn't want to yell at her because this wasn't her fault. So he had to go along with it.

Kelly shook her head, "We can still text and skype. It's not like much will change."

Luke wanted to believe. God did he want to. But he felt as if she was only saying that to make him feel better.

"Whatever." And with that he hung up. He needed to think about some things.

Kelly tossed her phone to the side, glaring at her mom. She stood from the couch and stomped to her bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her.

Kelly lost her game. But she felt like she had just lost her favorite and most important game. Luke.

-

DONT HATE ME

it gets worse though oops

I felt like a double update was needed so this happened