four

Kelly entered the clothing store, Luke right behind her. She never got to checking out all the new downloaded stuff, so she made Luke take her today. He was basically her personal driver. Luke ran around the store, basically harassing the lady working the front counter. Kelly ran her character to each of the racks, trying on almost every new item. She ended up buying a few things. Kelly hoped that Luke would like all her choices as much as she did.

"Hey Kelly," Luke said but it was muffled as if he were eating something. Which he was. Luke shoved another mouthful of chips into his mouth, chewing obnoxiously loud into the mic.

Kelly laughed, "Yes Luke?" She finished shopping and met him at the front of the store.

"You still owe me a pole dance, by the way," he said trying to hold back a giggle. When they had went to the strip club last, Kelly had said she was far better than all the strippers in there. Luke challenged her on that statement, which led her to saying that she would give him a personal pole dance. Whether she was kidding or not, Luke refused to let it go.

Kelly bursted into a loud fit of laughter. Her laugh wasn't as beautiful and majestic as Luke's, frankly it sounded like a witch cackle. But Luke loved it nonetheless.

"Well maybe you'll get one," she said running over to their car. Kelly tried getting into the drivers seat, but Luke's character yanked her out and threw Kelly's character to the ground. "Hey!"

Luke climbed into the drivers seat smiling to himself, "You're not allowed to drive."

"Frick you Hemmo!" Kelly shouted still laughing a bit as she ran to the other side of Luke's black Adder (that's a really expensive car in the game).

"Did you just say frick you?" Luke asked, "You're such a six year old."

"Don't hate. Appreciate," Kelly said making herself laugh even more. She usually was never this giggly, something just felt different about today. The door to her bedroom creaked open, her mother peaking her head in.

Kelly's mother hated how much her daughter played those stupid video games. They didn't help Kelly focus at all. Especially ever since she met that strange boy online. Kelly's mother cleared her throat, making Kelly jump. "One sec Luke," Kelly murmured into the mic before pulling her headset off her head.

"You have chores to do," her mother said completely monotoned. Kelly sighed, but nodded regardless.

"I have to go real quick. Be right back," Kelly said into the mic before getting up and following her mom out. Luke sighed, pulling the car out of its spot on the main road. He then turned on the pop station since Kelly didn't have time to before she had to leave. He knew how much she loved it.

Since she was busy, Luke checked his phone to see that he had several missed calls from his dad. He rolled his eyes before tossing it to the side. His father always tried to stay in contact with Luke after the divorce, but Luke didn't want any part of it. He would much rather him stay out of his life completely.

Kelly threw all her clothes into the washer at one time, not even separating darks from white because she was eager to get back to Luke. She slammed the lid shut before practically running back up the stairs. As soon as she was about to enter her bedroom, Kelly's mom called her into the living room.

Kelly groaned, but went over regardless.

"I don't like you spending so much time playing those games," her mom said not even glancing up at Kelly from her book.

"I'm not," Kelly argued. Here she goes again, complaining about how video games shouldn't take up most of her day. Kelly has heard this speech so many times that she simply drowned her mother's voice out.

"And I especially don't like the fact you're talking to some stranger."

That made Kelly a little upset. Luke was the closest friend she had. So for her mother to say Luke was 'some stranger' made her angry. He wasn't a stranger at all. Kelly practically told him everything and vise versa. Kelly knew about Luke's dad issues. Luke knew about how judgmental her mother could be. Kelly knew that Luke loved to wear band tees all the time. Luke knew that Kelly loved sweaters to death. They both knew so much about the other.

"He's not a stranger," Kelly said, "He's my friend. And I don't like you calling him that." With that Kelly stomped back into her room, making sure to slam the door shut behind her. She just didn't understand.

Kelly slid back on her headset, noticing that Luke had driven them completely out of the city. "I'm back."

Her time had changed completely and Luke could tell she was upset. "What did she say now?" He asked swerving their car around some bicyclists.

Kelly wanted to tell Luke, but she knew that it would only make her more upset. "Nothing, don't worry about it. But let's go to the military base."

Luke laughed. Kelly hated the military base because every time she tried, the military would shoot her down. So she simply stopped trying.

"Are you sure?" Luke asked turning the car around so they could go.

Kelly nodded, but remembered he couldn't see her, "Yeah."

Luke sped off down the road, dodging cars left and right. Kelly stayed oddly quiet the entire time. What Luke didn't know was that Kelly was practically glaring at her television screen. She was so angry and she didn't even know why. I guess you could say that Kelly was tired of her mother. She never understood Kelly.

Luke drove them up the ramp, their car flying over the fence into the military base. It landed roughly, but Luke tried to get Kelly to a jet. They were so close when a giant tank rolled up and completely obliterated Luke's car. Both players died in the process, both of them groaning.

"You had one job Lucas. Get me into the military base so I could steal a jet," Kelly mumbled waiting for her character to emerge from the hospital.

"I'm sorry! My car sucks ass!" Luke tried defending himself. It was false, his car didn't suck ass. He just wasn't trying as hard as he should've been.

"You suck ass!" Kelly shouted but didn't really mean it at all. She shouldn't be taking her frustrations towards her mother out on Luke. He didn't deserve that. "I'm sorry," she quickly covered.

"It's okay. You're upset," Luke sighed, "By the way, my dad called."

Kelly's eyes widened. Now she felt like a major bitch. Her problems no where compared to Luke's and here she was sulking in her own self misery. "Did you answer?" She asked trying to find Luke on the map.

Luke scoffed, "No. Like I want to talk to him."

"Maybe you should talk to him?" Kelly suggested. She knew she had no right to give Luke any family advice, but she hated hearing him sound sad.

"I'm fine," He said.

They spent another hour running around and running over random civilians with Luke's new car. No way was Kelly ever going to try to get into the military base again.

-

hiya

thank you all so much for getting this to over 600 reads! thats awesome!

you're all lovely and I love you