11 • Tough Choices

Start from the beginning

“Who's sexting you?” Hannah joked.

“Oh, shush,” I told her. I took out my phone and saw that I had an email, from my university of choice.

I sunk back down on my bed and read the email, in particular the part of it that said I had been accepted into my course despite not getting the asked for grades.

“Oh no.”

Hannah saw that I was being entirely serious so she came over to me,  “What's wrong?”

“I've been accepted into my course.”

“That's a good thing, isn't it?”

I felt like I was about to cry. Just when things seemed to be working out for me. “If I've been accepted, then my Dad won't let me go to Korea.”

“Oh.”

What am I going to do?

“The idea of giving up Korea to go to this university...God, what the hell do I do?”

“I'm going to give you some advice you won't like,” Hannah told me.  “Don't tell you Dad. Phone up the university and tell them you aren't going anymore.”

She's right, advice I don't like.

As I thought about it more, I started to think that she was right. If my Dad never found out then it wouldn't hurt him. Plus, would I be happy in this course? Not in a million years.

“You're right.”

Hannah looked shocked. “Wait your following my advice?”

“For the first time ever, I am following your advice.”

•••

Over the last four days, I had felt like a bag of nerves after rejecting my university course but I also felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Now, I had Korea to worry about.

All I could do was picture my life there and how good it would be. I know I was imagining a romanticised version but even just the idea of being somewhere new excited me.

I was nervous about being around them so much and if they would like me or not. I had already made friends with two of them, so just seven more to go.

Currently, I was in the living room with my parents who were telling me about all their conditions for me moving. I was just numbly saying “Uh-huh”, “totally”, “will do.”

“Rose, are you listening?” My Dad asked me.

“Yeah, totally.”

He sighed and I'm guessing he knew that I was lying about listening to him.  “I was saying that I'll miss you.”

“I'll miss you too, Dad.” I came over to the sofa they were on and hugged my Dad tightly. It was really hitting me really hard how far away I would be from all my family and friends. “I'll call you as much as I can.”

“Rose, are you sure this is what you want?” My Mum chimed in. “I mean, maybe it won't be what you want it to be.”

“But maybe it will be. I won't know if I don't try.”

My phone then started buzzing in my pocket, us all knowing that meant that the boys were outside waiting for me. I felt a mixture of excitement and fear bubble up inside me.

This is actually happening!

My Mum and Dad followed me to the front door, both tightly hugging me. I never wanted them to let me go, I felt so safe with them. I knew I had to do this though but it didn't stop me feeling like this.

“I love you so much,” My Dad told me.

“I love you more.”

He laughed. “You must really love me then.”

This is harder than I thought it would be...

We finally stopped hugging and I knew this was really it. I was leaving now. I opened the front door, Changbin standing their waiting for me.

“Ready?” he asked me, his English sounding as adorable as usual.

Truth be told, I didn't feel ready In the slightest. I smiled at him though and told him that I was though.

“Let me get that for you,” He said, picking up my bag for me. I tried to protest but he was already heading towards the van with it before I could stop him.

“I like him,” My Dad suddenly told me.

“I do, too.”

“He seems really nice. I hope I'm not wrong about that.” My Dad quickly hugged me again and my Mum took my hand and told me to be safe.

I headed down the steps of my house, feeling all the worry leave my body and just be replaced with sheer excitement.

I'm going to Korea!

•••

Um so it's been like twenty years since I've uploaded and ya girl is very sorry! I've just been SO busy. But I did want to say thank you for helping this book reach 440 reads, that's crazy like wut?! I've never had one of my books gains so many reads! I love you all so so much ♡♡

There'll be another chapter tomorrow so that's my way for making up for  not uploading much plus this chapter wasn't the best :( sorrry

From here the boys will obviously be in this a lot so thanks for all your patients. Let me know what you're thinking so far!

-enniimo