04 • Surprise Guests

Luckily, it didn't take me long to get to Hannah's house. The high heels were already killing my feet, even from the short walk. The house was buzzing with sound, hearable even from a couple houses down. She was pretty lucky her parents would let her have massive loud parties like this, mine would never. In fact, I'm sure if I wanted just five friends in for a small party they'd still say no.

I opened up the door, finding the noise flood out and I had to cover my ears at first because I wasn't used to it. I searched inside for Hannah, seeing her up the back with her boyfriend and his friends.

It broke my heart to see the way she looked at him, with such love and admiration because I had never seen him look at her like that. Once she saw me, she told Jake she was going to leave for a bit and he just brushed her off. I swear, she could do so much better than him.

"Rose!" she called to me over the blaring music, hugging me tightly. "You look amazing."

"Not as amazing as you." Hannah was probably the most stylish person I knew, always having the most up-to-date clothes on whereas I was completely fashion blind.

"Finally wearing that dress I bought you. How long ago did I get you that?"

I thought for a moment, laughing, "Like a year ago?"

She laughed too. "How about we get a drink?"

"You don't know how amazing that sounds!"

She grabbed my hand and led me through the crowd, saying 'Hello' to almost everyone we passed by. Hannah was friends with just about everyone in our school, which I was thankful for because it meant they never picked on me. She led me into the kitchen, which had a couple people playing spin the bottle up the back. They all cheered when they saw us - well more like when they saw Hannah, but still.

"Wanna' play?" one asked, a tipsy boy that I wasn't sure the name of. I thought maybe he had been in my second year chemistry class, but I couldn't be sure.

"Jake would kill me!" she said, bubbly and smiling like always. "How about you, Rose?"

Now all eyes were on me, causing my social anxiety to spike up. In a low voice I replied, "Uh, no thanks."

Hannah grabbed some vodka from the fridge, pouring it in a silly scooby doo cup she owned and handed me it. She searched the messy counter for a can of coke, finding one and pouring some into the vodka. "There you go."

I took a big gulp, cringing at the extreme taste of it but still grateful to have a drink. We decided to stay in the kitchen, where at least it was quiet. I told her the full story of my Father and everything He had said. When I was done, all she said was 'He's such a dick.' Which I agreed with. I asked about her, finding out that her life was going perfectly compared to mine.

"How about we change the subject?" She asked, smiling warmly at me. "I mean, you didn't come here to talk about exams."

I was grateful, but couldn't think of what else to talk of. Exams completely occupied my mind currently. "What do you want to talk about?"

She took my cup off me, refilling it for me. By this point, I had already drank quite a lot and was starting to feel it. I'm not complaining though, I came here to get drunk.

"Do you remember that band I'm always telling you to listen to?"

I instantly knew which one she meant, rolling my eyes because I didn't want to hear anymore about them. She had been telling me to listen to them for months, telling me how amazing they are, but I knew I was just because she knew one of them in Australia that she wanted me to like them. Plus, we have completely different tastes in K-pop, so I really doubted I'd like them.