"Fuck," I growled and face palmed myself with the hand that wasn't intertwined with Alex's. I stared my Dad at the eye and took in a deep breath, knowing that I would get killed for this in the morning. "Mom's pregnant. She just took a test and wants us to get another one to be positive. She's freaking out. You should go see her,"

"Fucking hell," he muttered and stormed towards us. He staggered a bit, breathing a cold drunken breath onto my cheek as he shoved past us. I watched as he crawled up the stairs, and pulled Alex with me as I walked towards the door.

"Mom's gonna kill you,"

I shrugged. "Desperate times,"

***

"Are you sure this is ok with Chris?" I asked for the millionth time as me and Alex sat down in Kat's room. We'd had no idea what the hell to do and we sure as fuck were not going back to the house if Dad was still up. Last time he was this drunk, he beat the shit out of me; thinking I was the man who hurt Alex. I was sort of glad in a way cause it meant that he really did care about Alex, but then I was in hospital for the next 3 days with a broken rib, severe concussion and a broken arm. Alex even had to give some blood for a transfusion because I'd lost so much. I didn't care though, I'd took the beating for my little brother. As soon as I saw Dad advance on Alex, I shoved him away and stood in front. Even now I knew it was worth it.

So after getting outside, we'd walked around for a bit before calling Hunter. He'd been awake anyways, high on coffee. That kid was severly addicted, apparently he was gonna have to start going to addiction classes. It was kinda funny.

"It's alright," Hunter assured me. Kat was still asleep but Hunter had been awake with Chris. He was suspended for the next 2 days so it wasn't like he had to get up early or anything. Chris had been really nice to us. He knew Alex's situations cause he was one of the Doctors that helped him, and he was really understanding. He said we could stay as long as we wanted but it'd only be for tonight. We'd probably skip school tomorrow and stay with Hunter. I knew Alex would be upset in the morning.

"You want some coffee?"

"No Hunter," I chuckled. "You seriously need to cut down, it's getting really bad. How many have you had today?"

"Only 11.." he admitted. "Which is better than last week cause I had 18,"

"Oh God, you strange child," I laughed. "I'll stay up with you for a bit if you want? Alex is gonna pass out any minute,"

"No I'm not," he mumbled from where he lay next to me on the bed. He was just in his boxers and the pokemon shirt now. Hunter had absolutley freaked when he saw the shirt, and he'd agreed to only let us stay if he got that shirt for a few weeks. Him and Alex were weirdly obsessed. They sang Pokemon all the time in class, drove me and the teachers mad.

"It's ok buddy," I assured him. "Go to sleep,"

"But I wanna stay with you," he reached out towards me and gave me those puppy dog eyes which I broke down to inside. I took his hand and stroked my thumb across his fingers.

"I'll stay with you," I promised. "Go to sleep, it's been a rough night."

"Ok," he sighed and closed his eyes; snuggling into my arm. "Night Mikey,"

"Sleep tight Alex,"

Hunter was sat over on the edge of the bed, cross legged and shaking a little bit. He'd definitley had more than 11 today. Stupid child.

"Yeah, love you too..." he muttered which made Alex smile a little bit.

"Love you Hunter,"

"That's more like it,"