thirty

Shopping with Bruce Banner had been really...domestic. He knew the cashiers of the small store by name, and each of them would wave back at him when he said hello to them. The thing about Bruce was that he knew what he wanted and where to go.

It was the fastest Dallas had ever gone shopping with someone. They got some berries, more bread, and some of Bruce's favorite candies. The man was very happy after getting what he wanted on the way back to the Tower.

The soft music was played on the way back. There had been traffic so it took longer than Dallas wanted to sit there, to get back to the Tower.

She helped the scientist hide his candy in one of the cabinets, almost invisible to the naked eye, so that no one else would steal anymore of his food.

"Thanks for taking me to the store." Bruce says as he leans up against the counter, they haven't left the kitchen yet.

"It's no problem, really." Dallas says back, her eye catches the time on the clock, it's two in the afternoon now. She had not realized that time had passed by that fast, maybe the store was further than she thought it had been.

"Well...I'm going to go back to my lab for the day, have a good one." Bruce says, and then takes off through the elevator without another word to be spoken.

Dallas drags her feet to the window, looking down the reporters have downsized a bit, but there was no way she would ever be walking out of this Tower through any of the doors. Bruce's secret exit is only accessible with him there to be identified by JARVIS, so that was out of the question.

She hits her head on the glass and rests it there. She guesses she could go to Jays and hang out with him and Griffin. Dallas hates being trapped. She hits her head on the window again not knowing what to do.

Having an out is always something Dallas makes sure she has, and living in a world that you have just been outed to as the daughter of Tony Stark made sure there was no escaping. It was something Dallas stressed about when she first learned of her situation involving her identity. Something she had good reason to stress about because her situation now was exactly what she had imagined it to be.

Some people might enjoy this. Enjoy being in the light. Being confined to their home, and being able to watch movies all day cozied up in blankets and pillows eating as much food as they can stUff their faces with in one sitting so they won't have to get up for hours on end. Dallas occasionally liked a good lazy day, but her idea of being lazy was maybe watching one movie and then studying her textbooks.

Sitting still all day just fills Dallas with so much energy that she can't control and then that makes for a hyper Dallas. And she...she bounces off the walls, gets annoying and wants more candy more candy like a five year old. Too much energy equals a too annoying Dallas.

Randomly her phone starts to vibrate in her pocket, she lifts her head off of the window and pulls out her phone to see what it is. She frowns at the Blocked across the top of the screen, the only option was to accept the call or wait for the insistent buzzing to die. Dallas being the impatient person she was decided to answer it and bring it to her ear.

"Hello?" Dallas answers.

"Dallas Knight...o-or should I say, Stark now?" A person laughs creepily through the line, knowing her name.

"That's me, now why the hell you callin'?" Dallas asks right away, eyes narrowing at the couch in front of her, her free arm going to her hip. If her number got out there...then that was not going to be fun.

"I'm surprised you don't remember me," there's heavy breathing coming through after that, the sound of something dripping in the background, like a broken pipe. "It's been quite some time since I almost knocked your lights out for good."