He made me happy in a way I didn't understand but also didn't question.

"There's a spare key in the box on the side of the house." I caved.

"Which side?"

"Mrs Baxter's side." I chewed my lip as I explained, listening to Harry's light breathing was quite relaxing.

"It has a code?"

"Oh yeah, uh 1606." I told him.

"That's not very safe May," I pictured him frowning and I rolled my eyes.

"You're only the third person to know the code. What are you gonna do, tell everyone?" I muttered.

I really wasn't in the mood for company and I knew I was going to end up being snappy and no fun and probably ruin our friendship. Although that was nothing short of something I deserved.

"Be quiet sunshine. I'll see you in a minute or two."

I hung up before I could say something stupid in response to his pet name, the reason he'd given me for it was still stupid but it made me smile.

I didn't bother rushing as I towel dried my hair the best I could considering too much pressure made my head start bleeding again and pulled on the maroon jumper I'd brought in with me.

I shrieked and dropped my pile of dirty clothes on my floor as I looked at the figure sitting on my bed, legs apart hands clasped as his eyes drifted around the room until I had entered. I knew my face now looked like a beetroot considering I had no makeup on and I could feel the heat.

"Sorry, I thought you'd wait downstairs." I muttered as I grabbed my clothing and shoved it in the laundry basket watching Harry carefully as he watched me and I felt like a mouse and he was the hawk circling over me, waiting to strike.

"I didn't know if your Mum was in, I didn't think she'd want to see some random guy in her house." Harry shrugged and I frowned.

"You didn't know if my Mother was in even though no one answered the door for the five minutes you were banging." I said slowly, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I was ringing the bell a lot longer than five minutes May, how long had you been in the shower?" Harry asked and I couldn't work out why I was hearing confusion and concern in his voice.

"They relax me," I simply said, "Do you want a drink?" I flicked my head to follow me and he did, like an obedient little puppy down the stairs, it didn't help my thudding heart that Harry was about as cute as a puppy too.

+

"Do you believe in love?"

I blurted out just as the credits started to roll on the sixth episode of The Office that Harry and I had been watching, I didn't know why'd asked that. I supposed it was because I knew what was going to happen with Jim and Pam and I always did love their relationship.

"I don't know." Harry answered slowly as he poured himself another cup of tea.

We'd ended up in the living room, on opposite ends of the sofa with a large pot of tea on the table for the two of us to share. I had a blanket wrapped around me and Harry had kicked his boots off so his sock covered feet were resting on the empty end of the coffee table.

We'd decided on The Office because Harry had never seen it, only the English version which he claimed was unbeatable and although I did love that one, it was the original after all, the US one was hilarious.

And I secretly wished Michael Scott was my Dad.

"How do you know when you're in love?" I asked as the titles ran for the next episode and I missed the skip intro button annoyingly.