Crumbling Apart

CHAPTER 11; CRUMBLING APART

• ALEN'S P.O.V •

I couldn't believe my ears. What I had temporarily managed to leave in the past was becoming a hot topic all over again.

Frustration fuelled my restlessness and the familiar growing anger that always found its way to make my body feel tingly and warm, was slowly becoming embedded in my mind.

"How are you supposed to believe me?" I asked, adrenaline trumping the tiredness in my body.

It pumped through my bones as my brain automatically clicked to the, 'I've had enough' zone.

The teacher turned to see all the whisper-commotion but then quickly made an announcement that she would be back.

"You're supposed to trust me because I'm your girlfriend!" I assured him for the millionth time. Why? WHY does he have reason to believe I'm going behind his back?

"But how am I never fully knowing what you and Theo have been doing lately?" He pleaded, eyes going soft for a second before becoming icy again.

A feeling of disorientation washed over me as I contemplated how I was to approach his words. Obviously my idiotic mouth decided to talk for me. "You have some major trust issues!"

He looked slightly taken aback and a brief look of realization came on his face but he didn't give in. "I wouldn't have them if it wasn't for David." He explained, narrowing his eyes at David who was quietly sitting behind us, listening in on the conversation. Oh now you decide to be quiet.

"You shouldn't even have them in the first place, considering that they were lies!" I countered and he still wasn't having it.

His voice started to raise, causing a couple of people to turn their heads in our direction. "He wouldn't have said it out of nowhere!" He looked back at David then me.

"There has to be some reason!" He stated, firmly believing that what he was saying was true.

I repeatedly shook my head which seemed to anger him even more.

He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply then exhaled loudly. His eyes abruptly opened before he stared his blue eyes into my soul. It was as if he was reading my entire being and as if he was entirely sure about what was to happen next. My breathing faltered and I was at a loss for words.

"Look me in the eye and tell me that you don't feel anything for him," his voice was just above a whisper and his face etched closer, but not that close.

I stuttered. Now that someone was truly asking me if I felt something for Theo, I wasn't very sure about how I felt anymore.

I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it due to the lack of sound.

A moment that felt like forever passed as quick as it came. He clenched his jaw and turned to look away before scoffing.

"That's exactly what I thought." He hissed and I flinched at the pinching and piercing effect, the word, 'exactly' had on me.

"You know the fact that you lied to me hurt...a lot." His face was stern but his eyes were sad and cloudy. I couldn't imagine what he felt and I couldn't imagine what I would feel if I was in his position.