It's A Joke, Right?

CHAPTER 2; IT'S A JOKE, RIGHT?

• ALEN'S P.O.V •

"No, we're not moving." My siblings and I all said in unison. Talk about sibling powers. "I'm afraid, we are." My dad told us, looking down due to our mood.

"It's a joke, right? We're not actually moving. You're just trying to prank us, right? Where are the cameras?" I rambled, frantically looking around. The truth was, I was afraid to face the fact that we are actually moving. So I tried to find a way to believe it wasn't true.

"Alen, you said you were going to handle it with maturity." My sister smirked. "Are you saying I'm not mature?" I was laughing like a lunatic at that point. "You're one to talk!" I continued laughing crazily. My whole family stared at me like I was a maniac. So not my day.

"I'm saying exactly what you think." She ignored my other comment. My brother started laughing at the reaction that was coming from me and I glared at the both of them. "I'm going out." I told my parents and finally got up. They nodded, not trying to stop me, understanding the fact that I needed some time to process what I heard.

My brother and sister, they didn't understand what it felt like for me to know that we were moving. Mack Grant High and every friend I made there was practically part of my family and leaving them so soon and so abruptly made my heart ache.

As I thought about this whole thing, my body fumed. I grabbed my green jacket seeing as it was mid January and it was somewhat chilly outside. I slipped on my Adidas shoes and grabbed my car keys. I stopped in the door way to examine what I was wearing. Don't care right now. The thing is, I do care so much. Looking back, I kinda regret that decision...

I walked right to my car and hopped in. It was fixed since before the winter break. I was glad too because I had to keep asking Jasmine for rides, which probably stressed her out as much as it did me.

I turned on the car, blasting the radio which had horrible music on and started driving. I kept driving and my hand turned white against the steering wheel as I gripped it. I kept my foot steady against the gas pedal because even though I was mad, I wasn't trying to get a speeding ticket.

I decided to just relax at the park since I wasn't in a good state to drive my car. My mood instantly became calmer because I didn't see anyone there (probably because it was quite cold) which was pleasant because it gave me time to think.

I ran to the field which had bleachers that I wanted to sit at. I climbed to the top and sat down sighing—the view was quite nice from there. The thin layer of snow was untouched on the field and the day was calm—quite the contrary to my mood. The air was still and the snow fell lightly from the sky.

I was still shaking due to my mood, the cold cooling me down every second. But still, it wasn't enough because I groaned when I diverted my attention back to what my parents told me.

"You okay?" I heard a voice say and I yelped, almost falling off the sides of the bleachers. I closed my eyes before scrutinizing the voice I heard. I turned my head to where the sound of the voice was coming and saw Theo.

Great, one of the causes of my mood. I was kinda bummed out, but I'm not gonna lie I was also kind of happy to see him. I don't know why since like I said, one of the causes of my mood so why would I be happy? Never mind.

I gave him a fake smile and looked away. "I'm alright." He climbed the bleachers and sat next to me. His friends called him from the park and asked, "You coming, or not?" He shook his head and signalled something I couldn't comprehend. They just walked away, but remained at the park.