VII. 7

"Riya?" Kazuki's voice is soft, low and extremely strange, something I'm not used to.

The person in front of me is slender, his eyes a familiar deep blue that pierce through mine, but his face is so bony that reminds me of skeletons. His hair is messy and certainly longer than before, like a lion's mane.

He looks mad, defensive even, maybe a little bit surprised and hurt, but this mixture of feelings that he has is just the opposite of mine. My face is blank, no emotion across it, no body language that could give away any feeling.

A few steps back make the situation even more awkward, but I couldn't stand that he is so close to me. I sit on a chair as the tension grows. He doesn't say anything, just stares at me, waiting for my mouth to open. My view shifts from his eyes to a blanket folded in a corner that I grab and put around his shoulders with my powers. He shifts uncomfortable and pulls it better around his overheated body, that is now cooling off.

His lips part again, trembling weakly before he speaks again.

"You're not her." he says weakly almost whispery, with tears running on hia face.

I cross my legs and just stare at him for one more second before I answer.

"I am Riya, but it's true, I'm not the one you used to know."my voice is deep, like a lion's growl, totally opposite of his.

" Why?! Why did you leave!!! Why did you leave ME?!!! " he screams getting up, but sitting back down quickly. He must me dizzy, after all, who knows in how long he didn't eat a normal meal.

I quickly go to the kitchen and ask someone to fix him a normal meal and bring it back to Kazuki.

" Eat this."i say and dissappear from the room again.

This is certainly harder than I expected, being next to him make a lot of things that I thought were long gone come back. I search for Yasuo, but I didn't had to use my powers because of the loud noise coming from behind some doors. I push them large enough to enter and take a look around the room. They are sitting around a huge table, like the one you'd see in the president's office. Some of them are yelling, standing up and moving their hands fanatically, others are trying to calm them down, then there are those how write whatever they find important on paper and others who don't care about this, just some people seem to support Yasuo here. No-one notices me before I stand right next to him. I put my hand on his shoulder, he is clearly nervous about this.

"This is a fiasco."he whispers so I'm the only one who can hear him

" Wait till you see the council's answer."i say trying to comfort him

Me and him were always a strange couple. Whenever one of us is in a hard situation, the other wouldn't be there to pity them, we'd just rise each other up.

Some really sinewy man slams his fists on the desk, breaking parts of it and throwing one of them towards me. I just smirk and not move at all even tho it's very fast. Yasuo catches it with his bare hands, clearly mad, but his frown washes away as he puts the wooden stick down.

 Yasuo catches it with his bare hands, clearly mad, but his frown washes away as he puts the wooden stick down