together

Dakota stares at me in disbelief, then he shakes his head and starts the car. "i can't believe this." he mutters under his breath. "we'll talk after we leave" i whisper.

his head snaps in my direction, then his eyes jump to the camera on the wall a couple of feet from us. he nods his head and pulls up to then fence.

a guard comes up to Dakota's window and peers inside. "where you headed?" he question. "i have to take her into the the city, i should be back in a couple of days, sir." he answers. i bring my hand up to the radio and curiously press all of the buttons. as a result, music blares so loud it can probably be heard from inside of the compound. i pretend to freak out and curl up into a ball in my seat with my head between my knees.

i barely hear Dakota's giggle as he turns down the radio. "she's really messed up." he explains to the guard. "messed up, how?" the guard questions. "memory serum, she's getting sent into the experiment."Dakota answers.  "i see that. is that David's daughter?" he asks. i point to my chest again, "i'm your daughter?" i ask confused. the guard just shakes his head and says "you guys are clear to go.

Dakota pulls out of the gate and follows a winding path through the rubble of old buildings. "okay, now explain." he says. i compose myself and look back at the bureau. no one can hear us.

"memory serum inoculation." i say simply. he pulls the car over and turns it off.

when he turns to face me a lock of his dark hair falls to his forehead. he is perfect. i don't know if i could survive in the experiment with Jenna gone and Dakota outside the fence. he smiles at me with that stunning smile of his.

i reach over and take his hand. "come with me." i plead.

he leans over and kisses me. i feel butterflies flutter in my stomach, and a spark ignite in every nerve in my body. i pull away teasingly and smile. "is that a yes?" i gleam. he nods his head quickly.

"then i have something to show you." i say smiling. i try to relax, but i can't seem to wipe the smile from my face.

i start to untie my robe before Dakota put his hands in the air and says "woah, grace! we're can't do that here!" i giggle, "you wish" i say with a smile. i take my robe off to reveal a blue shirt with khaki kapris. my backpack and clothes were concealed by the robe.

he sighs and falls back into his seat. i take my backpack off and show him each of the vials and the blueprints. then i pull out an extra pair of erudite clothes and hold them out to him. he gladly excepts them but then asks "why were you bringing men's clothing into the experiment with you?"

i giggle for a second, "i didn't say they were men's." i say with a smirk. "oh god, are you serious grace?"he starts to unfold the clothes to check the sizes but a bra and a pair of underwear fall into his lap. i burst out laughing as Dakota just holds the bra up to his chest, "i don't think this is my size." he says with a small laugh. i can't control my laughter any more and i hunch over onto the dash. "but seriously, am i supposed to wear these?" he asks, holding up my hot pink underwear. i'm too lost in laughter to answer.

he opens the door and takes off his shirt. that makes me stop laughing. i just stare at his bare chest. he chuckles and i realize i've been staring far too long. i look away, blushing. he slips the shirt over his head. it is far to small for him. his defined body shows straight through the shirt. oh god. keep it under control grace.

"should i even try the pants?" he says laughing.he's wearing blue jeans, so i shake my head and he climbs back into the car. he hands me my kakis, bra, and underwear and i put them back into my bag.

we drive for a little longer until we arrive at the fence of the chicago experiment. we get out of the car, enter the code to the gates, and enter a new life.