Out Of The Funk

(3rd Person POV)

Molly Healy has told her granddaughter over and over again that she is strong. Reece obviously heard her, but often had a hard time believing her. Molly thought that maybe if it came from someone else Reece deeply cares about, the message would sink in more.

"Just... tell her how much you care about her, okay? And how strong she is." Molly had asked for Peter Parker's help, and he was more than willing to do anything to help.

It has been a few hours since Peter had walked into Reece's room in attempt to comfort her, and since he hadn't come running out screaming and crying, Molly assumed he had succeeded. Just like she knew he would.

She figured she had waited long enough and knocked softly on Reece's closed bedroom door before slowly opening it. And there they were, Peter Parker and her granddaughter taking a nap.

Peter's arms were wrapped around her waist and Reece let him hold her, her head against his chest. It was an adorable scene, sure, but that was Molly's granddaughter that boy was holding. But Molly decided against waking them up, just because she knew how hard it's been for Reece. And how much she needed his support.

Molly takes a deep breath and can't help but smile. She leaves the door wide open, just in case, and leaves them be.

Although this one moment won't change Reece's whole attitude, it was really going to help. She still won't eat or go anywhere until she has her meds and can properly function mentally again.

But this does prove that Peter Parker is, in fact, in love with Reece Healy. Her granddaughter. And she was okay with that. Maybe a little scared, but okay with it.

~~~
(Reece's POV)

"I don't understand." I shake my head, raising my eyebrows at Happy through his rear view mirror. "Why does he want me to come in?"

"For training." He answered casually.

"What am I training for?"

"That's all Tony told me, I guess you'll find out more when we get there."

I sigh, sitting back in my seat and crossing my arms. If training meant working out, I was not about to do that. We get to the Avengers tower and met Tony upstairs as always. "Tony, what am I doing here?" I ask as soon as I enter the room.

Tony laughs, oddly always finding me hilarious. I just really didn't feel like working out. It's Wednesday, and I had missed the last two days of school just so my meds could kick in and my brain could catch up. I was feeling better, but not that much better to exercise. I don't exercise ever, I guess is a better way to say this. I literally hate it.

"I want you to start training," He begins and I don't let him finish.

"I don't run, or lift weights, or exercise, period." I quickly explain, not up for even trying to pretend.

"Not that kind of exercise." Tony informs me, standing from his sitting position on the couch and walking towards me. "Exercise of the mind."

Exercise of the mind? Does he know about what happened these past few days? About my depression funk? "Did Peter tell you something?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"... Was he supposed to?" Tony questions, also raising his eyebrows at me.

"No..." I respond awkwardly, crossing my arms, closing myself off.

"I was talking about your telekinesis." Tony answers slowly. "What were you talking about?"

I shake my head, waving it off. "Nothing..." But before I could change the subject, Tony does.