eighteen

sunday afternoon, we'd all woken up super hungover but check out was at 4p.m. so we made sure we were all ready and leaving by then, so we wouldnt be charged extra.

but now on monday morning, things all seemed normal again, i had figured all of our "drama" would have died down and no one would talk about it. that's what i had assumed.

i would never have expected to walk into school monday morning, for everyone to be sending me weird, evil, dirty looks, but some were.

"hey, chloe, we need to talk" peter told me as he was waiting for me at my locker.

"can we later, noah just texted me, he said it's important" i told him, already turning away to make my way to noah's car at the side of the school.

i turned around again to wave at peter, who just looked hurt. i never meant that, maybe it was important, too; i'd talk to him later.

"hey" i said to noah once i'd reached his car.

"can we get out of here? maybe skip?" he asked me, smiling, waiting for me to say yes, which i did, nodding at him and getting into his car with him, i didn't have to worry since josh had driven me today, which he did pretty often.

"want to go get some breakfast and go in late, if that's cool?" he asked me and i agreed.

i agreed and we went to bob evan's (a/n ; Y U M). after we had ordered everything and gotten our food, noah began talking.

"about those kisses.." he said nervously, blushing.

"i'm so sorry about them both, we were just both so caught up in the moment" i said between swallowing my pancakes.

"ya i know, i'm glad we're on the same page here, i wanted to make sure our friendship was still okay, i really owe you one though, chlo" 

"it's fine, what are friends for?" we smiled at each other and enjoyed our breakfast and decided to go back to his house, since it was closer, so i could get a hoodie since i'd spilled syrup down the front of my white top.

on our way back to school, which we were now four hours late to since we'd stayed at his house for a while, we sang too many songs and enjoyed each others company, while it lasted.

"do you think we should get lunch for everyone?" he asked me on our way to school, since we'd pass a mcdonalds on the way there.

"ya, text the group chat and see what everyone wants" he told me, turning into the mcdonalds parking lot.

"ok, so we need 6 large fries, 4 double quarter pounders, a chicken wrap and a mcchicken, 2 sweet teas, 3 cokes, and a dr pepper" i said, reading over our texts including what we had wanted too. then we ordered, got our food, and headed back to school once the first lunch bell rang, signaling our lunch was started.

"we brought the food" i said and me and noah walked up to our friends holding bags of food and drinks, we sat down our stuff and our friends stared at us, then eyeing my sweatshirt and noah.

"it's not even like that, now enjoy the fucking food" i said, rolling my eyes, laughing.

and it was the truth, me and noah just wanted to stay friends.

peter's pov

why couldn't that be me who she had kissed?