fifteen

senior homecoming.

that's what today was.

i was the first to wake up. i looked to my right to see josh still heavily sleeping, he was facing me with his left arm around my waist.

cute, i smiled at the thought. now, i know what you're thinking...you like josh? i mean not exactly, but that didn't mean that i hadn't thought about him in that way before.

i rolled over so i was facing him and intertwined our fingers, shaking his hand.

"josh?" i whisper yelled in his ear, he just shrugged and made a weird noise.

"josh? wake up" i whisper yelled a little louder, not wanting to wake our other friends who were all still asleep. zach and lara had gotten the air mattress out and were at the foot of the bed and peter was curled up in the oversized bean bag in the corner of my room.

"i'm trying to sleep, chloe" josh finally answered, as he pulled my closer to him. i just blushed, knowing i liked the affection i was getting from him. after another few minutes he finally sat up and looked around the room, seeing that the rest of our friend's were still asleep, he smirked.

"wanna do something funny?" he said looking over at me. i nodded, without even knowing what he wanted to do.

"come on" he said and pulled me up from the bed and walked me into my bathroom, where my makeup was laid out.

he grabbed a lipstick and some black pencil eyeliner. we walked out and stood in front of the bean bag. he took the lipstick and wiped it over his lips trying not to wake him, and then drew straight liners where his eyebrows were with the eyeliner. 

"get my phone" he told me, and i did, taking a picture of peter, trying to keep my laughs in. after we had finished with him, we did the same thing to zach and then drew a eyeliner mustache on lara, taking pictures of each of our "artworks" before i put my makeup up and went downstairs and we made ourselves comfortable on the couch and turned on netflix, white chicks was our favorite movie.

we waited and waited and waited it had already been thirty minutes and no one had woken up. or we thought, until we heard stomping down the stairs.

"what we watching?" peter asked, obviously he hadn't seen himself in the mirror yet.

"white chicks, but uhm, peter? you've got something on your face? might wanna go look in the mirror..." i said subtly trying to hold my laughter in. he looked confused and walked over to the mirror hung over the couch.

"what the fuck you guys?!?" he said loudly, making me and josh start to laugh, and then we heard zach giggling, yes giggling, from upstairs.

we all made our way upstairs and by the time we did, lara and zach had both seen their faces.

"it was them!" peter said, pointing at me and josh, who couldn't stop laughing.

after we had all took showers, we decided on going out to breakfast.

...

"these pancakes are delicious, see!" i said, putting a bite of pancake in josh's mouth, he nodded agreeing. lara sent me a look and i knew she was about to assume something.

"you two looked pretty cozy last night, this morning?" she said and zach nodded agreeing with her. peter just continued eating the eggs on his place, not bothering to talk.

"ok, it wasn't like that" josh said, they nodded, pretending to believe him and i rolled my eyes and laughed.

to make a long story short, for once, we all acted normal, no drama, no worries.

if only things could stay that way forever.