two

present day

"we're literally only a month into senior year and you're already getting stupid love letters from some random guy already?" my bestfriend, peter kavinsky, asked me as he watched me pick up and read the note which had fallen out of my locker as soon as i opened it.

"i mean, are you even surprised, i mean come on" i said jokingly, flipping my hair over my shoulders before i finally opened up the note, reading it out loud as i looked over it.

"chloe karlson, you are so beautiful" 

"that's so cheesy! i mean, who even wrote that? probably some loser" peter said, trying to convince that my secret admirer only cared for one thing, and that was my looks.

"oh, shut up! maybe he was to nervous, or shy and didn't no what else to say! now, who do you think it is? maybe him?" i said pointing to a guy who was standing on the opposite side of the hallway infront of his locker, talking to a couple of his friends.

"really? noah jenson?" peter asked me, cocking one eyebrow in the air, as if to tell me there was no way my future love interest could possibly be him.

"you never know! i mean, in eighth grade he asked me to the winter dance!" i said, trying to make a point. but peter must have had his doubts.

"there is no way in hell" he said, shaking his head.

"besides, he has a girlfriend anyways" he pointed out to me.

"right, that'll be me soon" i said, only kidding, but peter was obviously annoyed. he shrugged, holding his arms out in front of him.

"who knows, for all we know, whoever is writing these might be someone you already know, you never know, but hey, i'll see you later, okay? lunch?" he said as he started to take off to first period, which we were almost late for, leaving me alone in the almost empty hallway.

i was confused to say the least, but maybe he was right, but who could that possibly be?