Chapter 10: No tears

Naomi and Jean hugged silently on the cold classroom floor. Jean did not want to move at all but he knew that she needed to rest and clean up.

"Naomi...let's get your clothes back on alright?"

Naomi didn't move at first but she sighed and released her arms from around his neck. Noticing that her eyes looked foggy and lost, Jean touched her face gently as she looked up at him shooting her best smile. She got up slowly, feeling extrememly exposed, and gathered her clothing quickly, putting them on loosely standing in front of Jean who had gotten up and waited for her to finish. She leaned her head against his strong chest and closed her eyes as he put his blazer back around her shoulders.

"...could you... take me home?" She said softly into his strong body.

Jean nodded and gently took her hand leading her out of the building, meeting James and Anny half way out of the school.

"Naomi!" Anny's high pitched voice screamed.

She ran to her and pulled Naomi into the tightest hug ever. Through hiccups and sobs Anny said,

"I am so sorry... Naomi gosh I am sorry... I just froze I should have helped... I am-"

"Anny." Naomi said cutting into her numerous apologies.

"It's okay." She said with a smile that broke Anny's heart even more.

"Anny, I will take you home so you can relax. You look like you've gone crazy." James said grabbing her shoulders gently.

"But I..." Anny started but nodded and let James lead her to his car.

The two young men shared a nod and went their seperate ways. Naomi never let go of Jeans hand as they walked in silence to her home. When they arrived they stood in front her door and stared at eachother speaking with their silence.

"Don't worry about me." Naomi said breaking their wordless conversation.

Her voice was filled with warmth but her eyes were dead. Jean cursed himself for being so stubborn in the first place. If he would have paid attention this wouldn't have happened he thought to himslef. Naomi saw his eyebrows furrow and raised her hand to his cheek.

"And don't blame yourself Jean. It was my carlessness." She said quietly with a gentle and weak smile.

Jean sank into the small hand and wished to stay like that forever. She slid her hand down slowly and turned around as she opened the door. It didn't open so she tried again and realized that she didn't have her bag which contained her key. She huffed frustrated and lifted the door mat revealing the spare key she kept. Unlocking the door finally, she stepped inside and began closing the door without a second look at Jean.

"Naomi wait."

She halted and looked up at him.

"Are.. you okay?" He asked concerned. He knew she wasn't and he knew that his question was the worst question of them all. But he still wanted to know her answer...he needed to hear it.

Naomi was silent for a few moments until she smiled and said.

"I will be."

With that she closed the door seperating Jean and herself once again. Jean walked to the nearest store and called for his car to pick him up. He stood on the sidewalk contemplating the whole day. His blood boiled at the memory of Alex's information. What was Emma thinking? They needed to talk as soon as possible because things... were going to change.

...

Naomi stood in the shower with her face towards the flowing warmth. The more she replayed the days events the more her head throbbed, the bigger the lump in her throat got, the more she was going crazy.

She crouched inside the bathroom tub and held her knees to her chest. She hummed a song that she remembered from her childhood. Louder and louder she rose her voice so loud that she drowned the waters hum. So loud that she couldn't hear her own thoughts. So loud that her fear couldn't be felt. She felt her self wail and scream  as the water fell across her cheeks. As the water cried for her, as she felt all of her feelings disappear with those screams from her heart.

By the time she was done with her outburst the water had run cold. She turned it off and got out of the shower, wrapping herself snuggly within a towel. While she faced the mirror she smiled cruelly looking at her reflection. The glass was cool and damp as she caressed her reflections eyes.

"No tears..."

To be continued...

Well! I hope you all enjoyed reading that despite how cringey it maybe vote and comment if you want I dont mind about the voting but I would love to hear your comments! -3-♡

Question: Is water wet?