That was a strange conversation. So Tori isn't pregnant, she has something. And chances are Dylan gave it to her. Tori has a false reputation for sleeping with a lot of guys, but I know for a fact the only one she's been with is Dylan. She just likes kissing other guys to make him jealous when they break up.

I really want to bring it up tonight but I don't want to make her think I was eavesdropping. Even though I was. But that's beside the point. I'm going to wait for her to bring it up. If she does. "Pepper!" Ben calls out to me and waves. I look up and run over. "Here's the keys. I'll see you later tonight." he kisses me and jogs over to the team. 

I nod and start walking back to the car. I glance behind the school briefly and gasp when I see Dylan kissing another girl. A girl that looks strangely familiar. The girl turns her head a little. My eyes widen when I recognize her. That's Gem! How could she? This is...this is crazy! She knows how much Tori cares for Dylan.

And what about Daniel?! I must've said that last part out loud because suddenly they're breaking apart and staring straight at me. I glare at Gem before taking off running to the car. "Pepper! Pepper wait!" Gem yells. I hear footsteps pounding behind me. I unlock the car quickly and open the door. I get in and start to close it when Gem stops me. 

"Pepper. You have to promise me you won't tell Tori. We were going to tell her but things got out of hand! Pepper, he loves me. And I love him." Gem whispers. I scoff and shake my head. "You're ridiculous. We've all been friends for years. How could you do this to her? You're probably the one he got that disease from." I yank on my door trying to close it. 

Gem's face falls. "W-what are you talking about?" she stutters. "Oh you didn't know? Dylan caught something and gave it to Tori. We all know she doesn't sleep around so the only person left is you. Are you sleeping with Dylan too?" I question. 

Gem gets quiet and her gaze darts around. I shake my head in disappointment and disgust. "Wow Gem. Just wow. Do you even use protection?" I snap. Gem looks down at her hands and mumbles. "No." she says quietly. "Okay so not only are you sleeping with Dylan-without protection- but you're sleeping with Daniel too. Without protection." 

"And we all know he doesn't have a stellar record of just being with one girl. I am so disappointed in you Gem. How could you do something like this? You better get tested. And get a pregnancy test while you're at. Oh, and you're uninvited tonight. I'm telling Tori." I yank on my door again and she lets go. 

I definitely don't feel sorry for her as she stands in the middle of the parking lot with tears streaming down her face. She made her bed, now she has to lie in it. I just hope the fallout isn't too bad. Dylan comes up behind her and hugs her as I peel out of the parking lot. 

I never thought Gem would do something like this. This could-no without doubt will- end our friendship. The three amigas will go down to just two. I stop by James's-Ben's dad- house and pick up Luna. I smile as she babbles in the back seat and drive home. I mutter to myself as I get Luna out of the back seat. 

I go inside and put her in her swing in the living room. "Hey hon. How was school?" Mom asks. I sigh and make a snack. "Not so good." I say. Mom frowns. "Tell me what happened." I explain to her everything going on with Gem and Tori. To say she's shocked is an understatement.

"I can't believe this! You guys have been friends for years. She's such a sweet girl. What in the world would make her think it was okay to do that?" Mom frowns and shakes her head. I sigh and shrug. "I don't know Mom. All I know is that I have to tell Tori. If I don't and she finds out that I knew.." I shake my head.

Mom sighs. "You girls will get it figured out. You're smart." she pats my cheek and walks out. I carry my snack into the living room and turn on the TV. I eat my snack quickly and then pick up Luna. I feed her while I do my trig homework. 

I look up when there's a knock on the door. "It's seven already?" I put a sleeping Luna back in her swing and open the door. I smile when I see Tori and invite her in. I narrow my eyes when I see Gem behind her. "What are you doing here? I told you not to come!" I whisper to her.

Gem shoulders her way in. "I'm going to tell Tori myself." she whispers. I glare at her. "You've had the chance. I'm telling her." I shut the door behind her. "So where's the snacks?" Tori looks around. "In the kitchen. I'm gonna go give Luna to my dad." I pick her up. 

"No need. I'm home." Ben grins and walks over to me. He kisses me and grabs Luna. "Have fun gossiping. Or whatever it is you girls do." he smirks and walks upstairs. "Shut up." Tori chuckles and shakes her head. I go to the kitchen and grab the snacks. "So what movies are we watching?" Tori asks putting a Twizzler in her mouth. 

"We uh, need to talk first." I say. "I slept with Dylan. Multiple times." Gem blurts out. I glare at her. "Way to break it to her nicely." I snap. "I know." Tori says. "You're an idi- wait, you knew?" I question. Tori nods. "Yep. I knew. You guys aren't that great at sneaking around. I found your "I like bunnies and cats" T-Shirt in his room. And I saw your name in his phone." she says. 

"I was just wondering how long it was going to take you to tell me. It's been going on for what, a month?" Tori asks. "Two." Gem whispers. Tori nods. "And you. How long have you known?" she asks me. "I literally just found out today. I caught them kissing behind the school. I uninvited her and was going to tell you myself but she barged her way in." I glare at Gem. 

"Tori I'm so sorry! I never meant to hurt you. It just happened!" Gem cries. "Maybe you should learn how to keep your legs closed." I grumble crossing my arms. Tori stares at her unaffected by the tears. "I don't forgive you. I don't. You were one of my best friends and you committed the ultimate betrayal. Maybe one day I'll forgive you, but as of now you're dead to me." Tori says. 

Gem cries harder and starts to speak. Tori holds up her hand. "No. You always tried to tell me to stay away from Dylan. I guess because you wanted him for yourself. Well you can have him. You two deserve each other." I see Tori shaking slightly and her eyes watering. 

I stand up. "It's time for you to go Gem." I escort her to the door. "Will either of you ever forgive me?" she sniffs. "I don't know. I'll only forgive you if Tori does. You messed up Gem. Don't call, don't text, don't try to talk to us at school and don't pop up at our houses. Give her time." I push her out gently and shut the door.  

I go back into the living room and stop when I see Tori crying. She never cries. I walk over and sit down beside her. I hug her. "You really loved him huh?" I say quietly. She shudders and nods crying silently. "We'll get through this Tori. It'll be okay." I whisper. 

"Why would she do this to me? To us?" she sobs. "I don't know Tori. I don't know." I sigh and stroke her hair. 

This has destroyed us. I don't know if we can recover. 

Would any of you be interested in following Gem and/or Tori's story? If so let me know down in the comments.