XLI

"How far along are you?" I ask Ximena.

"Seven weeks."

"Wow that's gone by fast."

"Well the doctor says I was three weeks when I first found out."

"Ah I'm going to be an aunt!" Phoebe says excitedly.

"Will we get to know the gender?" I ask.

"Maybe. I'll be able to tell in about ten weeks but I'm still debating if I should keep it a surprise."

"I want to know so bad," Phoebe says.

"Well we might find out because it's just easier to buy everything if we know the gender. Not that it really matters what we buy the baby but I don't know. I do have very Christian parents."

"Okay! Wait, so if you do find out, you gotta have a gender reveal. Nothing extra but can I bake the cake and put the colour inside?"

"Yeah but then you'll be the first to know and you hate secrets," I say.

"Yeah good point. I'll get Grace to bake it."

"Wait what if we had the doctor only tell Grace?" Phoebe adds. "Oh my god I'm so excited."

There's a knock at the door and I get up to get it. It's Penny.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey."

I let her inside and she slips off her shoes.

"You know what's coming up right?"

Please don't say February fourteenth.

"What?"

"Valentines day."

There it is.

"Can we do something cute?"

"Define cute."

"Romantic."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Why are we still standing at the front door?"

"I don't know."

I walk into the kitchen where Ximena and Phoebe are still sitting at the table taking. Auguste is sitting on the couch.

"Oh Casey I'm pretty sure Edgar is coming over tonight," Phoebe says.

Edgar, Isaac and Ambers father, always comes over to drink and watch soccer with Richard. Madeleine will come too so she can drink tea and talk gossip with Gwen.

This just has been a tradition they've done forever and I've gotten used too. They usually bring the kids along too.

Penny sits down and talks to the girls about babies still.

I stare out the window and hum out of boredom.

"Okay I'm going across the street to Addison's. We have homework to do," Phoebe says getting up from the table.

Ximena says goodbye before joining Auguste on the couch leaving Penny and I.

"Where's Isaac?"

"I don't know," I shrug. "Why?"

"Don't know. Usually you say you can't hang cause your with Isaac but today you didn't say that."

I shrug.

"Want to watch a movie in the spare room?" I ask.

"Sure," she says standing up. "Any suggestions?"