XVIII

Unedited—

"See?" Sebastian says. "Aren't you glad you came?"

He hands me a red solo cup. I don't know what's in it but I don't ask. I take it and drink it anyway.

"I don't even like these things," Poppy says taking a sip from her drink.

"Course you do," Sebastian says. "I mean you used to live for these things."

"Because I was angsty and looking for attention," Poppy says. "Now we're seniors."

"Who's house are we even at?" I ask.

"Georgia's. Her mum is a total 'mean girls' kinda mom. She pretends she doesn't know about these and goes on 'vacation' every year around halloween."

"She lets her daughter have people destroy their house?"

"Georgia is their only child and all they want for her is to be happy and popular which lead her to being spoiled but she is... sorta a good person."

"Hey Poppy," some guy says. Some guy turns out to be Jeremy. "Oh hey guys." He looks at Sebastian and I.

"I know who's in charge of music. Poppy do you have any recommendations?"

"I do," Sebastian says. Jeremy completely ignores Sebastian and stares at Poppy waiting for her answer.

"I've had that one five seconds of summer song stuck in my head all day."

"Youngblood?"

"No. It's 'Ghost of You' I think."

"Hm. Good choice. I'll go tell them. Might be a while. Still waiting for them to play my song."

And then he's gone.

"I think he likes you," I say.

"Yes. I know."

"Oh god that's got to be annoying," Sebastian says.

"Yeah. Although he constantly is offering me things, as you just saw."

"You're using him. Hah smart girl," Sebastian laughs.

Poppy glares at him.

"Maybe it's time you put down the drink." Poppy lowers his arm.

I am bored to death. This place is loud and these two aren't exactly entertaining.

I finish whatever's in my cup in one go.

In the corner of my eye I spot Georgia on the couch with Mia on top of her making out. Other then that I don't recognize a lot of people here.

Jeremy suddenly emerges out of the crowd again.

"Hey! You guys there's a fight about to happen in the back."

"Great," Sebastian says. "That better not lead to cops showing up."

"Oh you better hope not. You're so wasted. Now let's go watch."

"Yeah c'mon."

Jeremy leads them outside and I stay standing where I am.

My phone starts ringing so I quickly go upstairs to where it's quieter. When I saw Arianna's name I grabbed another drink before going upstairs.

"Hello?"

"Hey," Arianna answers.

"Hey. You're calling me kinda late."

"Oh sorry. Is it a bad time? I always forget the time difference."

"No it's not a bad time."

"Oh. Okay good! I was calling to tell you I've been saving up to take a plane down there around Christmas break. I won't stay and crash your families Christmas but I want to say hey and hang for a couple of days."