39

kelsey

we finally pulled into dunkins parking lot and i saw a group of guys in there, i didnt recognize them but they looked intimidating. i got nervous but i already got out of the car.

"you sure you wanna go in?" joey asked.

"yeah." i nodded.

i ordered my stuff first and they had it at the pick up station which is where the guys were. joey had his back turned and i was getting my food as one of the guys wrapped there arms around my waist. i couldnt see dunkin donuts, my mind was trapped in charles room. i finally got my mind back to dunkin but i couldnt move, i was frozen with fear. he whispered on my neck, "hey lil mama." and smirked. next he spun me around and pulled me close.

i wanted to yell joeys name but i could hear him arguing with the cashier.

"let go." i managed to say.

"why should i shawty?" he started to lean in and i saw joey turn around. he was speechless and thought i was cheating on him. i wish i could move because this is really hurting me but i feel trapped.

i heard footsteps come towards us and joey pulled him off of me, "get the fuck off my girlfriend you creep."

"you gonna do something about it?" he laughed.

joeys getting really mad, i can tell but i dont want him to fight anybody.

"no hes not, fuck off."

"you sureeee." he smirked and i held joeys back.

"you almost killed charles joey this guy is just a meaningless jerk and remember what you promised me."

"rEmEmBeR wHaT yOu PrOmIsEd Me." he mocked and i slapped him.

right after he punched me in the stomach and joey went ape. he literally punched the guy in the face, lifted him up and threw him outside and all of his friends followed.

he came back and tried to hug me, "not right now i sighed just please take me home and then go home." i sighed.

"are you mad at me?!" he asked.

"no joey its just i feel bad, im always dragging you into drama and shit and i just wanna go home and feel safe in the comfort of my bed."

"you can feel safe with me."

"right now joey, i dont know about that. can we just go?" i grabbed the food and he drove me home, the car ride was silent. he dropped me off and said, "i love you" before i got out of the car.

"i love you too." i sighed.

"talk later?" he asked.

"sure um yeah, thanks for the dunkin."

i honestly want to kill myself. i walked inside my house and cried. do people see me as a slut that they can just take advantage of?! i ran upstairs and did something bad, something ive never done before.

i cut myself. 1 on both arms. i cried and put on a hoodie, then laid in my bed for the rest of the day.

i fell asleep and then when i woke up the next morning i saw i had texts from joey but i didnt open them. instead, i got up and cut myself 1 more time on each arm. i laid back down and went back to sleep.

joey

i texted kelsey and told her i was coming to her house but she never answered. im on my way now.

i knocked twice and she didnt answer so i got the key under the matt and opened the door. i walked inside and upstairs to see my girlfriend. she was asleep still. its 3pm... she never sleeps this late.

maybe shes upset at me or something...

i sat next to her and went on my phone, waiting for her to wake up.

its 11pm now and shes still asleep, i shook her shoulder and she looked at me, her eyes were bloodshot.

"hey are you okay?"

"yeah im fine." she croaked and put her arms under the blankets.

"do you want me to go get mcdonalds or something?" i asked.

"no im fine." she said and closed her eyes, "i dont feel good."

"are you mad at me?" i asked.

"no its not you joey its me, can we just sleep." she said.

"yeah." i said and held her arms to wrap her around my chest. she winced, i dont know why but she was laying on my chest and she had seemed to already have fallen asleep.

i tried to hold her hand but she denied it and put her hand under the covers.

she slept for the rest of the night and the next time she woke up was 12pm the next day.

"morning." i smiled.

"goodmorning." she said and closed her eyes.

"why are you sleeping so much."

she started crying into my chest and wound up falling right back asleep.

im so confused.

i woke her up, "kelsey whats wrong."

"nothing." she said.

she keeps saying nothing but clearly theres something wrong.