15

joey

joey i have to stay home from school today, my dad is coming back to get all of his stuff

what ill be there in a minute

joey this is my father, u cannot be here

so im just gonna let u stay in the same house with your father for a day, not happening kelsey

joey

what time is he coming

he just came

ill be there in one second

i drove off to her house and there were 2 police cars outside. i parked my car in her driveway and ran inside. the officers looked at me weirdly and i saw her dad give me a dirty look.

"kelsey?!" he yelled.

"yeah?" she said nervously from across the room.

the officers held him back as he wasnt allowed to do anything on his own, "sir, no talking."

he jumped at her and was getting really angry. kelsey was so scared and the officers were too. he wanted to attack her but nobody was gonna let that happen.

i walked over to kelsey and held her in my chest.

"who are you!!!?" he yelled.

"im joey, kelseys boyfriend." i said confidently, it felt good saying that, whether it be to kelseys ass of a dad, or to myself. kelsey didnt like it though, she nudged my side.

"shut up! you arent allowed to speak!" the officer on his right yelled again and pulled him upstairs.

"joey." kelsey whispered, scolding me. "you know you cant-"

"he cant do anything, what does he need from here anyway, hes in jail right?"

"i was told that theyre putting him in a mental facility since there is clearly something wrong with him."

"are you okay?" i asked.

"not really." she sighed, "it hurts knowing that my dad is insane and nobody fucking loves me."

"i do." i held her hand.

she blushed and looked down, "no you dont joey... were 17..."

"so?" i asked, "youre gonna get threw this okay, i wont let anything bad happen to you."

this time she looked up and pecked my lips.

"kelsey autumns?" someone asked coming down the stairs, it was one of the officers.

"uh, yes?" she said.

"we found your mom..."

kelseys face brightened and looked sorrowful at the same time. kind of like when she found out her dad was getting kicked out.

"shes living in florida right now, but she offered to move into this house with you... would you be okay with that?" she paused for a second but kelsey didnt answer, "you dont have to answer right away-"

"yes." kelsey smiled, "yeah thats fine."

"okay great, well be leaving now... have a nice day." her dad and the other officer started down the stairs and her father started screaming, "dont let this boy make you think you mean something! youre always gonna be worthless!" right after they left and the officers shoved him in the police car.

kelsey turned pale and started crying. this is what she had to deal with her entire life. not only was she being physically abused, but mentally too. i feel horrible, this is why she shuts everyone out.

"kelsey hes wrong." i tried to hug her.

"no joey hes not. all these years hes done this to me, making me go crazy. i dont even have a fucking future, i dont pay attention at school, i dont play sports or participate in any clubs, i have no friends, and most of all im being ripped apart everyday by my own mind. i dont wanna get you into my life. i dont wanna hurt you, okay. i dont want you to feel obligated to be with me forever because when we break up, my heart is going to be completely torn apart and im gonna be left with nothing to look forward to." she took a deep breath.

"kelsey, listen to me. youre an amazing girl, you just got very unlucky with your parents and stuff. theres still two years left of school, you can get better. and youre so beautiful kelsey. i can tutor you and stuff and your mom can help you with everything too, its gonna be okay. everything happens for a reason, its gonna get better."

"why." she said and i gave her a 'what do you mean' look. "why do you care so much about me."

"i just do okay." i hugged her. "lets watch a movie." i pulled her arm to the couch and turned on the tv, cuddling her into my chest.

trying to update this book pretty fast because sadly im getting too old for wattpad i think and i dont really read it as much anymore. when this story ends, ill sign off❤️