God Of Luck

Pulling back the the sheet of metal, you grimace lightly as the pests scattered from over the piece of clothing.

"This... Is... Bad area..." The mumble makes you look back as your friend shuffles over. He was looking about uneasily with cloudy silver eyes.

"It's new so I thought we'd have better luck here." You sigh straightening up and letting the piece of metal fall back into place. Your friend jumps slightly from the loud echo that it makes. He turns to you annoyed.

"Shhhh!" He scolds.

"Relax Law, it's dawn now." You assure, gesturing to the sky as it begins to lighten up. He shifts still frowning as he tugs on his coat.

"Lets.. Leave now... ___." He insists. You turn to him, giving a nod in response but as you turn to go and you stop. "... Shit..." He sighs, frowning at the group that blocked your way. From their black hoodies and baseball caps, You guessed who they were.

"You lowlifes lost?" Says the guy you presumed to be the leader since he wore a different colored hat from the rest.

"Look Law, it's the edgy-wannabe-thug ghouls." You hum. Law cringes, biting his lip as he glances at you.

"Heh, that's quite an attitude, unfortunately for you, we're hungry enough for fresh flesh." The leader growls, lip curling into a forced smile. You shift at that, gaze gliding over the group.

"Well, that was already on your mind when you came across us, wasn't it?" You point out. "Why else stop us?" You meet the dimly glowing red gaze of the leader.

"Sharp human." His forced smile relaxes into a smirk. "So don't bother running."

"Run Law." You prompt your companion and he swiftly shuffles away.

"I said don't bother!" The leader growls and one of his followers moves after Law. You side step close to the pursuer's path, slashing out with your arm. A gash appears on his neck, smoke rising from it as it sizzles. He howls in pain, leaping away.

"What- How did-" The other ghouls stiffen as you turn the silver dagger in your hand.

"Did you really think I'd stay in the city without protection from you bastards?" you offer a glare as the injured ghoul curls up shaking as he holds his neck. The leader's gaze shifts to him briefly.

"Alright, let's take a step back, let us save him and we'll leave you alone." He tries to bargain.

"I went for that before, and I was hunted afterwards, why should I trust you not to do the same?" You question.

"Fair enough... But ghouls are terrible trackers, and you're not bleeding to leave a trail." He points out. You hum, shifting your gaze to the injured ghoul before suddenly turning and running away.

'Should've killed them...' You scold yourself as you run away. She decide to take the long way home as you round the buildings.

Ten years ago, a Necromancer took over a human country, had his followers poison the water sources then resurrected the dead citizens. With his undead army, he declared war on the humans. The vampires, werewolves, and many other supernatural creatures joined the Necromancer's cause. Humans were driven out of society, eventually forming tribes and small villages.

You had been orphaned when werewolves overtook your tribe. And although you weren't particularly fond of the other creatures, you found yourself attracted to the cities that they lived in. That's how you ended up here, sharing a place with an undead soldier.