Chapter 4- Tears and torture

Start from the beginning

Once we reached home, I took her to my room and lay her on my bad, being careful not to jolt her. My mum wrapped her arm to help it heal quicker and I pulled up a chair. I wasn't leaving her side until she woke up.

----------

I waited by Aria's bedside all night. Hoping she would wake up, needing to see she was ok, praying she would open her eyes and look at me and, as the morning sun rose up in the sky, someone heard my plea. 

Aria's eyes came flying open and she flew up in bed. Trying to leap out and run. "Hey, hey. It's ok Aria. You're with me, you're safe." Her darting eyes found mine and she calmed down slightly, although she was still trying to get up.

"Aria you have to lie down, You are still recovering you need rest." As if suddenly remembering what happened last night, she closed her eyes and it broke my heart to see the tears flowing from her eyes. 

I threw my arms around her, comforting her, protecting her from the emotions that were making her cry. "It's ok, I've got you, you're safe now."

Once she had stopped crying I let her go, my arms feeling cold and empty without her warmth.

"you need to rest" I told her standing up and walking towards the door. Before I reached the end of the bed though I felt a small hand grab my arm.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She ran her fingers over my palm spelling out her answer.

Stay with me. My wolf howled with joy. She wanted us to stay with her. She trusted us.

 "Always" I answer truthfully. "I will never leave you Aria" suddenly realising how weird that may sound to her I quickly added "you're my best friend."

----------

I sat beside her all day. When she was awake we read books or watched YouTube videos on anything and everything  from music videos to the last minutes of club penguin (RIP club penguin, gone too soon, always waddle on) and as she slept I would sit by her side just content with being in her presence.

She was looking better every time she woke up until she felt well enough to get up. Just in time for dinner.

We sat around the table. Me, my mum, my dad and Aria. Everyone was silent but it was a comfortable silence, full of thought.

My dad was the one who broke the silence. "So Aria, do you want to stay here for a while" he asked.

Aria looked at me and then to my mum and dad across the table. She was greeted by smiles and reassuring comments whoever she looked at.

"Please say yes" my mum begged with a smile, " I need a break from a house full of boys."

"It's no bother" my dad continued "I promise, we would love for you to join us."

Slowly Aria nodded.

My dad grinned at me, saying without words that he was happy for my mate and me. I knew we would protect her and she would be safe and happy here.

----------

After dinner my mum suggested Aria and I go and watch a film so I showed Aria where the living room was and let her pick the film while I made some popcorn.

going into the kitchen I heard my mum and dad discussing whether to introduce Aria to our pack. 

"It would be a good way to introduce her slowly into our world, but is she ready for that and what if one of the wolves says something that scares her or they don't like her?" I said walking up to them.

"That's what we were thinking," My dad answered. In one scenario it could work out great but in another it could just scare her away."

"We need to think about this in more detail but for now you just enjoy getting to know her, go watch your film, we'll sort this out." My mum said while shoving popcorn into my hands. 

 I went back to the living room and sat down on the sofa, waiting to see what film she put on. I smiled with joy when she put on Captain America Civil War, it was one of my favourite films. Spider man is the best superhero hands down. 

Aria came and sat down right next to me, pulling my duvet she must have grabbed from my room over us, my wolf howling in delight at being so close to our mate. I offered Aria some popcorn and the opening scenes started playing.

----------

As the credits rolled down the screen I realised that sometime during the film Aria had curled up next to me with her head on my chest and had fallen asleep. 

I looked down at her, smiling fondly, before picking her up and taking her to her room. As much as my wolf didn't like it, Aria would be staying in the guest room. We didn't want to scare her off and she wasn't ready to learn of our secret.

 Sadly my wolf didn't see things in that light. He saw Aria was our mate and she should stay with us. He had been sulking most of the day in the back of my head because of the decision but my mind was made up. I wouldn't run the risk of scaring her because I told her before she was ready.

I took her to her room, tucking her into bed and kissing her on the forehead. "sleep well my love" I whispered before heading to my room, getting changed into my pyjamas and brushing my teeth before getting into bed. I fell asleep dreaming of my beautiful mate and hopefully what would soon be the start of our long lives together.

Sorry my update was a bit late. I meant to update this morning but it wasn't quite right, so I rewrote part of it and updated it when I was happy with it. Please leave comments and votes, and spread this story as much as you can. Since this is my first book and I'm quite new to wattpad not many people know of me or my story and I would love it if you spread it around. see you next chapter, BYEEEEEEEEE