Chapter 2

I paced the floor of our home trying to catch the scent of whoever Natsu fought. But the burning smell was overpowering. I sighed, wrinkling my nose. "I couldn't find anything Lucy-san." Wendy said quietly. She had been trying to catch a scent outside. I sighed. "What happened to him?" we were quiet for a long time. "Maybe he chased after whoever he fought? You know Natsu." I groaned, imagining it. "Maybe your right... But something just doesn't feel right..." "Well there's no track to follow so we have no where to start." She said quietly and I nodded."Come on, Happy should be awake now and will need you." I nodded and followed her back to the guild.

As we opened the guild doors a ball of blue fluff slammed into me, nearly knocking me over. "Lushee!" I smiled a little and hugged him. "How are you feeling Happy?" I asked while petting his head. "Did you find Natsu?" Erza asked and I shook my head. "Hey guys!" I turned to see Jet and Droy running for the guild. I frowned a little. "What's the matter?" Jet stopped in front of me. "I think I might know where Natsu is." I grabbed the front of his shirt, even though he was quite taller than me. "Where is he?!" "Lu-chan calm down!" Levy said, grabbing my arm.

I took a deep breath and let go of his shirt."You'll never believe me... I think he went after what some of the townspeople saw last night." "Would ya stop beaten round the bush orange top?" Gajeel snapped. Jet glared at him but sighed. "People said they saw a dragon last night. While we were fighting the mages." I grabbed his shirt again. "Did they say what color it was?! Where did it go?! I need more details than that!" "Lucy!" Erza pulled me away from him.

I pulled out of her grip and ran for Magnolia. If he wouldn't give me answers I would get them myself. I asked around all day, and once I had a good idea of where the dragon headed, I ran home to get ready to leave. "Lushee..." Happy said as I walked in the door. "Sorry for running off Happy. You gonna come with me?" "Aye sir!!" I grinned and quickly packed a bag before heading to the train station.

I sat on the train and was already feeling nauseous. "Lushee your just as bad as Natsu." "Shut up cat..." my stomach flipped as the train moved and I laid against the window. I closed my eyes trying to fight off the nausea. It took three hours to get to the small mountain town where people saw the dragon head. I crawled off the train, just laying on the floor not carrying about the stares. Once my world stopped spinning I jumped to my feet and went straight for the mountain.

As night fell I took out my sleeping bag, laying it beneath a tree and crawled in with Happy. "Hey Lucy?" Happy asked quietly. "Mm?" "Why do you think Natsu ran of without us?" I smiled a little. "You know how he is when it comes to Igneel. If there was a chance it was him he wouldnt think twice about it." He nodded a little. "But it could have been Embriona. He would have said something to you." I frowned a little and nodded. It's true, any time we got any hint on a dragon we always went together. We even took Gajeel and Wendy some times.

"We can just give him a beating when we see him." this made Happy laugh and I smiled. He snuggled into my chest and we fell asleep.

That morning after we got up we walked for awhile, before coming to a clearing. I perked up when I caught a familiar scent. Fire and earth, mixed into it's own unique scent. "Natsus here. I can smell him." I also smelt something else, something heavy and metallic. I wrinkled my nose and looked around. "Lucy!!" Happy cried as he pointed across the clearing. My eyes widened when I saw it and I sprinted across the field.

I slowed and fell to my knees as I got closer. I reached out with shaky hands, grasping the white scarf that lay on the stained grass. My eyes were fixed on the deep red stains splattered across the usually clean surface. "Lucy.... That's not... That's not Natsus blood right?" Happy asked as he held the edge of my skirt. He was trying to hold in tears as he stared at the scaled scarf in my hands. I hadn't realized I was crying until a sob broke through my lips.

I clutched the scarf close to my chest, feeling sick at the wetness that was pressed against my shirt and skin. My shoulders shook as I tried not to sob in front of Happy. My sorrow was interrupted then, by the flapping of wings, and a piercing roar.

{Little leaves little leaves! I am starting the Fairy Tails Fairy Tales as we speak! The first one is the Beast and the Bookworm(I'll give you five guesses.) I am doing these Fairy tales with my own twists so they may not follow the Disney or original book way. Also, to this who were fans of my Dragons Love Affair, great news! Book three is in the works. Keep an eye out for The Dragon and the Demon!}