24: mildly confusing

24: mildly confusing——————————k a l a n i

——————————
k a l a n i

It had started out slow. Mildly confusing, mildly terrifying.

It just didn't make much sense when it had begun, but I could see the signs. I could see the way he looked at me, the way he would just be there with me, the way my heart started beating faster because he was there.

It had started out slow.

Then it just started happening faster and faster and kept hitting harder and harder. I couldn't say that I didn't like it, because I do. His presence is enough to bring complete happiness over me. He just makes me feel warm all the time.

It had gotten to the point that I didn't realize how attached to him I was, until he was standing to go use the bathroom and I was wrapping myself around his waist. Allowing for the side of my face to dig into the skin right above the waistband to his sweatpants- his shirt had ridden up when he was stretching and it flopped back down over the top of my head from where I was pressed against him.

Calum smiled gently, pushing back some of the curls on my forehead as he looked down at me.

"Moppet, it's just the bathroom. I'll be right back and we can go right back to cuddling."

In a way, I feel like I could lose myself in his eyes. The way the color swims around and swallows me whole, and the way they seem to never lose their sparkle.

It's the love you feel behind them when he gives you his full attention, or shares something he's passionate about. It's the care within them that shows with each glance towards you.

I can feel myself sinking away in him, in his touch, and his gaze. I couldn't say that I didn't like it.

Lights wouldn't matter if he's in the room, suddenly everything always feels so bright. It's all moving so fast until, finally, I lock my gaze with his, and then everything stops. The spinning, the sinking, the drowning. It all stops.

I can feel myself getting lost in him, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet.

Carefully, I draw my arms back from his waist. He steps out of my grip a bit before starting to walk away, and my throat tightened up around a scream that I didn't know I wanted to let out.

"I think I'm in love with you." It gets blurted out just as he's about to turn the corner and out of my sight. I can feel the heat rushing against my cheeks and the back of my neck. My entire body swarms with white-hot heat.

Calum freezes where he stands, eyes locked down the hall and I wish I hadn't said anything. I should've let him go to the bathroom first before saying something as stupid as what I had just said. I haven't even known him a full year yet.

He lets out a short breath, a small laugh tugging at the end of it.

"I think I'm in love with you too."