22: cookies

22: cookies—————————k a l a n i

22: cookies
—————————
k a l a n i

"Darling," a gentle hand rubbed against my cheek, startling me awake as I blinked my eyes open.

"Calum?" I sat up a bit, knuckling at my eyes as Calum climbed into my bed with me. He tugged his shirt over his head, tossing the material down next to where I saw his duffel bag.

"When'd you get here?" I pulled the blanket back to allow him to get under the covers and scooted over so I wasn't taking up the whole bed.

"A couple minutes ago. Clayton let me in. I think he's growing on me a bit." He laid down and closed his eyes, pulling the blanket near his chin.

"Just got out of a match, then trained a bit with Brennen. Hadn't seen you in a while and figured I'd come see you. Seeing as it's three am we should both be sleeping but I wanted to hear your voice before that and thought a cuddle wouldn't be too bad." With those words, he raised his arm to allow me to settle against him.

Immediately his warmth overtook me, surrounding me with it. I closed my eyes and delved in the way his fingers traced over my shoulder.

"How are you feeling?" I snorted slightly, pulling away to look at his face again once the words completely tumbled out of his mouth.

"You've asked me that each time I've seen you, plus it's been three weeks since that whole ordeal happened." The remark came out a bit sassier than I had originally intended for it to be. He chuckled slightly, opening his eyes slowly.

"I'm just checking on you." Calum has asked if I was ok so much, that even Kade was getting worried. Kade thought that I was sick and brought me his favorite animal crackers that he likes to eat when he's sick or at least feeling bad. It took a while to convince him that I was completely alright and that his uncle was just acting funny.

"I'm fine. I'm even friends with Oli again, remember? You can stop asking now." I shook my head at him before tucking myself back into him. Closing my eyes and focusing on his breathing and the sound of his heart beating in his chest. He sighed softly before his breathing mellowed out.

-

"I thought we were going to your place." The statement sounded a bit more like a question as we pulled into the parking lot of a really nice apartment complex. I blinked up at the building slowly before turning my attention to Calum as he pulled into a spot and parked the car.

"We are." He simply stated, taking his keys out of the ignition and opening his car door. I opened my mouth to speak but shut it as I quickly scrambled out of the car to follow him.

I raced up next to him and grabbed ahold of his hand, staring up at the building as he clicked the lock button on his keys.

"You got a new apartment?" My astonishment didn't go by unnoticed.