10: arms up

I'm gonna try really hard not to make this a sad chapter because I'm currently crying so please have patience with me

10: arms up
------------------
k a l a n i

My ears were already buzzing, the booming music making my heart pulse along to the beat as we stepped into the house. Oliver's house.

People were everywhere, crowding the living room and kitchen and filtering upstairs and to the back. Cups already littered the floor, the place already reeked of alcohol, and I found myself clinging tighter into River's sleeve.

When I had received Oliver's text earlier today, I hadn't expected this at all.

olibear: I had a really shit day today and I really want to get wasted, party at my house!!

I mean, my outfit definitely wasn't fit for all these people. A sweatshirt topped off with my famous black jeans and adidas. I just really needed to find Oliver at this point, just to make sure he was safe. We moved through the crowd and towards the kitchen. Oliver would be where the most alcohol was, and sure enough there he was sitting on top of the counter with a cup in his hand. He had multiple guys surrounding him, his posture relaxed as he laughed at one of them and shoved at his shoulder.

"What the fuck dude?" His voice was loud, screaming above the music and being the only sound I could actually focus on besides the pounding in my head.

Oliver's eyes caught sight of us next, his eyes brightening as he basically fell off the counter to move towards us.

"Guys!" He cheered, wrapping us into a hug. He smelt strongly of alcohol, the scent overpowering the cologne I knew he was wearing. His smile was over the top, and it put a shiver down my spine as River finally separated herself from my grip.

"Oli you look like shit," River laughed, rolling her eyes at him as a scowl covered his face.

"Well I feel like shit so I guess it fits." A hiccup tumbled from his lips, before he was filled with giggles again. The next second, a guy was clapping his hand onto Oliver's shoulder and pulling him into him.

He was relatively the same size as Oliver, with dark hair and the same eyes that glinted in the poor lighting of the kitchen just like Oliver's did. The guy smiled widely, swaying slightly with Oliver in his grasp before Oliver was speaking.

"Corey, you dumbfuck," giggles filled the air and Oliver was ripping himself out of the hold, passing by us with Corey in tow as they went into the living room leaving River and I standing in a kitchen full of boys that looked like they belonged in a fraternity. My stomach flipped, eyes flowing over my body quickly as I followed River to the drinks.

"I'm definitely going to need to be wasted if I'm dealing with drunk Oliver all night." River picked up a cup, eyeing its contents before shrugging and taking a sip.

"It's sweet!" Her eyes were wide as she handed the drink to me, practically shoving it to my lips. I took a hesitant sip, letting the liquid into my mouth before swallowing, and she was right, it was sweet, even with the slight unmistakeable burn of the alcohol laced within it.

She grabbed another cup, downing it before filling it from the keg right next to all the cups. I followed suit, finishing off my cup and letting her fill it again as we began back out of the kitchen. I spotted someone familiar on our way out, a head of blonde talking to a small redhead as she twirled her hair around her finger. River snorted beside me, shaking her head as she realized who it was, and kept walking. Stubbornly, I didn't follow after. Another familiar face, especially the one of the boxer, meant the possibility of other ones being here.