Arriving and Seeing

Start from the beginning

Éowyn turned and ran off, and I didn't try to follow her. Legolas put his arm around me, drawing me to him. I put my head on his arm and sighed. "What would Arwen say?" I asked him. He knew who she was, Aragorn had told him. He shook his head, not knowing eather.

Than a thought struck me. "Where's Gimli?" I asked him. He shook his head. "I couldn't find him." He answered. I was about to turn to look for our Dwarfish friend, but I heard his voice to my right.
"Where is he?" He was growling. "Where is that lucky son of a-" He cut off and started laughing.

I looked to my right and saw a crowd forming and saw Gimli pushing his way through. Scrunching my eyebrows in confusion, I turned to Legolas. His expression was the same. He looked at me and than started walking over to the crowd with a hurried pace. I followed, just as eager to know what Gimli was excited about.

"Excuse me." I mumbled as I gently moved through all the people. "Pardon me. Sorry." A horse's head was visible from where I was standing, but that was it. Being shorter than the average Elf, I couldn't see as much as Legolas, who was right in front of me. Getting more anxious due to the crowd's growing murmurs, I started pushing harder at all the people.

The opening was close, and as soon as Legolas and I broke free, we stopped in our tracks. I knew I had recognized that horse! He turned and looked at us, and his face broke into a huge smile. I grinned as he saw me as well and ran over to him, and hugged him tightly. "Aragorn!" I couldn't believe it was him, he had a lot of explaining to do. "Ryanne." I pulled away and looked at him more closely.

His face was scratched, bloodied and bruised. His clothes were torn and dirty. Legolas than hugged him, but in a more manly way than I had. "You look terrible!" He told Aragorn. He laughed with his friend, glad to be reunited.

~~~<<<~~~>>>~~~<<<~~~>>>~~

After everyone had said their greetings to Aragorn-including Éowyn- and the day was coming to an end, we walked slowly to our rooms where we would be sleeping. Éowyn's was right next to mine, than Legolas than Aragorn and Gimli.

I said goodnight to Éowyn and Gimli, but the rest of us stayed up a little later.

"There will be a war!" Aragorn told us. We were standing on a small balcony, overlooking the plains we had traveled through to reach here. "We are not ready for war." I told him. It was the truth. No matter how sad that truth was. He looked at me, holding his pipe in his hand. "We must call for aid. The Dwarvs, the Elfs....someone must come."

I sighed and looked forwards. "Théoden will not call for our allies." Legolas spoke softy. "You know that, I know that." There was a moment of silence for a few minutes. The three of us just stood there, looking out across the grass.

"Our allies are few. If any still remain at all." I told Legolas. He looked at me, and the look on his face made my blood run a little colder. "If we call for them, they will come." I knew he meant the Elfs. But he was also right. Théoden would never call for aid. His pride was too great, his mind too small.

"Tomorrow, I will speak with King Théoden." Aragorn said. "We might not have more than a fortnight before Sarumon's army comes." I nodded and Aragorn turned and walked away, going to his room.

Legolas and I stood side by side, watching the long grass ripple as the wind came and went many times.

"Our forces are too small, theirs is too great." I whispered, looking at him. He turned to me and his face showed kindness and gentleness. But I also saw determination and fierceness. "We will manage." He told me.

I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around him, in a hug. After a second or too, his arms tightened around me, protectively holding me against his chest. I rested my head against him and felt his head against mine.

"I love you." He whispered so suddenly, that I didn't answer right away. But before I could, he tilted my head up and kissed me again.

This kiss lasted longer than our first, but I didn't mind. In that moment, all of my thoughts were cut off. I no longer was thinking about the battle we will soon face. Or about Théoden's choices.

It was all Legolas. Him and me.

When we pulled away, I smiled. As I told him one thing, I saw something light up in his eyes.

"I love you too."

---///---///---///---///---///---///---/

A/N: I'm going to make this short.

First off, I'm so so so sorry about how late this was! I had a little difficulty writing it. So I'm also sorry that it was sort of short..... :/

VOTE!!!! COMMENT!!!! FOLLOW!!!

Bullseyes,
XXbowandarrowsXX