e i g h t

November 9th 2016,
He knows exactly what I want, and that's him. I snuck over to his house this past weekend but all we did was make out. The Halloween party pretty much confirmed that he wants me. I dressed up in a sexy costume just for him. Poor guy probably thinks i'm catching feelings. I would never do that. I don't date, I just like to have fun. It's kind of funny to see all of these guys throwing themselves at me. I just need a few more days, and then I know he'll be knocking on my door.

I grip onto Amanda's diary as I flip to the next page. I remember the Halloween party two years ago, it was at some football players house. Amanda seems really determined to sleep with this guy, and she loves the thrill that he's off limits. That's all I'm getting so far from the past few entries.

"Rach." Nicole calls out to me. I completely forgot I was sitting on the bleachers, waiting for her to finish cheerleading tryouts. I quickly shove the diary into my bag and walk toward her.

"Ready to go?" I ask as she takes a sip from her water bottle.

"This sucks." She places one hand on her hip as she lets out a groan. "I can't believe you aren't trying out this year."

"I'm not in the mood to be a preppy cheerleader." I shrug as I look down.

"Neither am I, but it was something we always did together. Amanda was the one who sat on the bleachers and watched us, not you."

"I'm sorry." I sigh as we begin to walk out of the gym.

"I get it, I just wish you were with me." Nicole lightly shrugs.

I nod while thinking back to Amanda's diary. "Do you remember the Halloween party we went to sophomore year?"

"What?" She lets out a tiny laugh. "That's a random question."

"I was just thinking of it the other day. Do you remember who threw it?"

"Some senior at the time." Nicole shrugs. "Why?"

"I remember Amanda dressing super sexy that night. I feel like she was trying to impress somebody." I casually state.

"She was always doing that." Nicole points out as we stop at her locker.

I feel like this mission to find out who Amanda is writing about is hopeless. There could have been so many boys in her life, it could seriously be anybody.

"Is that the hottest girl at Marshall High?" I hear Alex call out as he locks his arms around Nicole.

"That would be correct." She giggles as she kisses his lips.

Ethan comes up behind me and plants little kisses on my cheek as Jeremy stands there, mocking us.

"I seriously need a girlfriend." He shakes his dirty blonde hair and rolls his eyes.

"I hear Kelsey's available." Alex laughs while Jeremy pushes him playfully.

"Very funny." He sarcastically remarks.

"Or worse, Crystal." Ethan teases as Jeremy flips him off.

"How were tryouts?" Alex asks his girlfriend.

"They would be better if Rachel did it with me." Ugh, here we go.

"You didn't try out?" Ethan gives me a serious look as he stares at me.

"Nope." I simply say. I hope nobody makes this a big deal.

"See, I'm not the only one who is over it." Jeremy mumbles. I'm assuming he didn't try out for football this year.