Chapter 10

Jackie and Ethel got to know each other very quickly and were becoming friends.

Jack couldn’t take his eyes of her. She was enchanting to watch. “Jack?”

“Yeah Teddy?” Jack asked quietly.

“Jackie’s perfect for you, you’re so alike.”

Jack smiled. “I really like her.”

Ted smirked. “You’re in love.”

“Oh shut up!” Jack exclaimed as he got up. He walked out on to the beach but was quickly followed by Teddy.

As Jack was standing watching the sea Teddy attacked him and pushed him down on to the sand. Teddy started wrestling but Jack didn’t move. “TEDDY GET OFF ME!” Jack yelled.

His brother got up. “Jack calm down.”

“No you ass! Piss off!”

Teddy quickly ran back into the house, he expected Jack to follow but he didn’t move.

Jackie was watching him from the window. “Maybe I should go check he’s okay.” Jackie said.

“Maybe you should.” Ethel replied.

The two ladies headed down on to the beach. “Bunny?” Jackie asked when she reached him.

Ethel looked at them confused.

“My…my back.”

“Can I do anything?” Jackie asked as she gently rubbed his arm.

“Can you help me up please kid?”

Jackie and Ethel nodded and pulled him up. “Oh shit.” Jack mumbled.

They managed to get him back in to the house where he collapsed on to the sofa. “Jack mate I forgot I’m so sorry!” Teddy said.

Jack shook his head. “It’s fine.”

Teddy swiftly left.

“Jack stop being stupid.” Joe muttered before leaving the room.

“Dear are you okay?” Rose asked.

“I’ll be fine.”

“Jackie I think you should take him home, get some rest before dinner tonight.”

“I will Mrs Kennedy.” Jackie replied. “Come on.”

They limped all the way back to his house.