"You're joking." Peter said, opening his mouth like a codfish, "how have you NOT gone shopping before?!"

"Well, usually we just order stuff off of amazon."

"Dang that's expensive, yet cool at the same time."

"I suppose."

As soon as we reached the crime stricken area, I made sure to walk close to alleys and stuff. The idea of putting yourself in danger is never a good thing, but I felt good. I felt like I was actually doing something exciting for once in my life.

On my wrist was my watch, which was basically a mini F.R.I.D.A.Y.

I used it to scan the area for heat signatures, and I saw one in the alley a couple paces ahead of us. I guess this is where the plan starts. I stepped on one of peter's laces, untying his shoe.

"Oh, sorry!" I said, "I didn't see your lace...."

"It's fine, just let me retie it."

I kept walking, and pulled out my phone. If a robber or predator was going to catch someone, they'd pick a victim who was distracted by things like this. I guess the plan worked, because I felt the barrel of a gun press up against my head.

A low, scratchy voice echoed from beside me, instructing me what to do.

"Hand over your phone." they commanded, "then slowly back into the alley."

I knew better than to try and run, or even talk, so I did as he told. As I was backing away, I looked at the spot peter should have been in. He was gone, which made me a little relieved. At least I know the plan's working.

"Leading pretty ladies into alleys?" a familiar voice rang out into the alley, "that's not nice at all."

I looked up to see a boy sitting on the wall. He was wearing a blue longsleeve shirt, a red vest, and a red hood with goggles. Printed on his vest was a black spider. Peter was in need of an upgrade.

The man who was robbing me pointed his gun up at the person hanging from the wall. I could see the fingers on his gun start to shake, mainly because he was scared.

"Put the gun down, or you'll regret it." Spider-child said, crawling closer to us.

The man slowly lowered his gun, and ran out of the alley, leaving my phone behind. I smiled, and picked it up from the ground.

"Are you okay, miss?" the boy in front of me said, jumping off the wall.

He landed in front of me, and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Yep, this was definitely Peter.

"I'm fine, thanks." I said, "aren't you spider-man?"

"What gave it away?"

"The spider on your chest?" I joked.

"Oh, yeah."

We stood there in awkward silence, not knowing what to say. I wanted to ask him my questions, but I needed to ask them subtly. Or else he'd know I was onto him.

"So, just a question, are you an actual spider?" I asked.

"I don't know actually.... One day I just woke up and had these abilities?"

"And what kind of abilities do you have?"

"I guess everything a spider has."

I laughed. Did that mean he spun webs out of his butt? I shoved my phone back into my pocket, and stared into the boy's goggles. I could see his brown eyes through the thin tint, and they looked straight at me in wonder.

"You mind giving me a ride?" I asked, "I don't feel like getting robbed again."

〄〄〄 

UWU

〄〄〄