3

(PETER POV)

Oh-Um-hi?

"Seriously Ned!" I said into my phone. "I bet you $100 you've never seen anyone prettier than her."

I was jumping up and down on my bed, talking to my best friend Ned on the phone. A thousand thoughts were spinning through my mind, all of them replaying the memory of the girl from earlier.

"Peter, come on! You just met this girl!" I heard Ned say on the other side. "You probably don't even know her name!"

"Yes I do. It's Mila."

"Okay, fine. You know her name. But what happened? Did you even say hi to her or something?"

"Well, yeah? Sort- of..." I muttered, falling onto my back. "I mean, she kind of fell on her face first."

"Wow peter! She's perfect for you!"

"You think so?"

"Yeah! You're both clumsy!"

"Haha, very funny." I said sarcastically. "But anyways, I've got to go. I'll tell you about it tomorrow."

"Whatever you say."

I hung up the phone, and threw it next to me. Taking a bite out of my sandwich from Delmars, I sat up and walked out of the room. I could smell something burning, but in this house that was normal. I live with my Aunt May, and she's not the best chef. The best thing she ever made was microwavable chicken nuggets.

"Who's this girl, and why are you betting $100 on her?" May called out from the kitchen.

"Ummm.... wHaT gOrL?" I said, spinning around to walk back into my room.

May set down her plastic spatula, and leaned against the counter. She raised an eyebrow at me, waiting for me to respond. I groaned, and turned to face her.

"Imayhavemetareallyprettygirltoday." I said quickly. "Okay, conversation over!"

I attempted to run back into the privacy of my room, but May grabbed my shirt's collar and pulled me back.

"Peter Benjamin Parker, if you're secretly dating a girl without my knowledge, so help me god!" she said. "I would have want the young lady to meet me first."

"May! I just met her today!"

My aunt's eyes flashed with suspicion for a second, before she let go of my shirt.

"What about Liz?" she asked, "I thought you always had a thing for her?"

Liz was a Junior at Midtown, and I've had a crush on her since freshman year.... Sure, I liked her. Every time I saw her, I would forget what I was going to say. But when I saw Mila, I felt something different.

"I didn't know you were a player, Pete!" May exclaimed, picking up her spatula and poking something in her pan. "When did this happen?"

"May, I'm not a player!"

"Uh huh. Shoot, this tuna casserole is burned." She mumbled. "Grab your coat, we'll just get Chinese food instead."

.........

BZZZ

BZZZ

BZZZ

I rolled over in my bed, and hit my bedside table trying to turn off my alarm. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, my body feeling tired. I threw on a grey sweater and some sweatpants, before grabbing my backpack and leaving.

"Bye May!" I yelled. "I'll be back later!"

"Okay Pete, I hope you figure out your teenage hormones and decide between Liz and that other girl!"

"What? Ew! No, GROSS!"

I slung my pack over my shoulder, and plugged my headphones into my phone. I pressed on the song 'The Underdog' by Spoon. I hopped on the train, and waited until it stopped at 36 Ave.

Midtown was just across from the station, so I cut across the football field. As I was going up the stairs, I was too into my music to realize someone was standing in the doorway.

"Oh-My bad." I said, standing up straight and taking out my headphones.

I stopped when I realized it was Mila. She wore her hair in a messy bun, and had a Captain America t-shirt paired with a black leather jacket. Her black jean-shorts were frayed at the bottom, and she had a high tech looking watch on her wrist.

"m-Mila!" I exclaimed. "y-You go t-to Midtown?"

She nodded, her expression distant. She clearly wasn't enjoying the place.

"So why a-are you standing in the middle of t-the door?" I asked, a couple students brushing past me.

"I hate crowds." she said, shooting me a glare. "And don't ask why, cause I'm not going to answer you."

"O-oh... okay....I guess I'll see you in class then?"

She plastered a fake smile on her face, and gave me a thumbs up.

"yEaH!" she mumbled.

To be honest, she was giving off negative vibes. I had no idea why she was so down, and I don't think was was planning on telling me. As I was walking off to homeroom, I heard her whisper something under her breath.

"It's not like my dad emailed the school to put me in all of your classes.."

I raised an eye in confusion, but didn't bother to think about it. She seemed to be having a bad day already. I walked into my classroom, and caught sight of Ned.

"Wassup dude!" I said, holding out my hand.

We shared a quick moment of our secret handshake, and I sat down in an empty desk next to him.

"Ok, spill." Ned said. "Who's this mystery girl and why do you seem obsessed with her?"

"I'm not obsessed with her!"

"Well you talked about her the whole entire time on the phone last night."

"Tthhhhhaaaaattttssss nottttt obsesssiooonnnnn."

"Yes it is Peter. Now are you going to tell me what happened?"

I told Ned everything I remember about yesterday. From the moment she fell, to the moment she disappeared. Ned still didn't seem to believe that Mila was the prettiest girl alive, so I told him I'd prove it to him.

After homeroom had ended, Ned and I made our way to physics. When we walked in the classroom, I was surprised to see Mila sitting at a desk. She was in my class?

"Hey Peter." she mumbled. "Want to sit next to me?"

  ✺✺✺✺  

HE'S SO CUTE OH MA GAWD

  ✺✺✺✺